CHAPTER 26: The End That Started it All

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom - 1872 - 2 years

Cornelius: 30, Winston: 30, Naeva: 29, Ingrid: 29 Rosalie: 28

Frederick: 16. Lucius: 10 Princeton: 8

With almost no significant activity from Milan, we began with the wedding preparation. It was going to be held in the castle for safety purposes, so people were going about decorations and the dinner. I had barely any time to look at those details since I was busy with official business. Invitations had already been sent though it was still a month from now, due to security reasons only certain few were invited to attend. I finally had about a week without much work so I was gonna finally see how the preparation was going. Lucius decided he wanted to stay here for a bit longer so he was helping me choose cake flavors. Princeton was with Winston starting to learn magic, and Frederick was in the training room practicing.

"Lucius, would do you think about coming to live here instead of going back to Tiria?" I asked. "Like me staying with you and brothers?" he asked. "Yeah, I was thinking maybe you'd like to stay here" I replied and his face lit up. "Really! I do. Can I really?" he said really excited. "Yeah, I've already spoken to Nellie and she said if your fine with it you're welcome to decide on your own" I responded. "I want to," he said hugging me. "I'm going to go tell brothers," he said running off. I decided to go upstairs to check on the decoration, in the time being.

Frederick was in the middle of training when Lucius walked in. he walked through the edge of the room watching his brother sparring with someone. Once Frederick looked over and noticed him walk in the room. "Lucius? What brings you here?" He asked since Lucius was never really interested in learning to fight. "Mom said I could live here with you guys again so I wanted to tell you guys but Princeton was with Winston so I thought I tell you first" Lucius answered walking up to him. "She did? That's great" he responded putting his sword away. "You guys don't mind if we stop practice here, right?" Frederick asked turning back to the people he was practicing with. "It's your call, Prince" they responded teasing him since they knew Frederick dislike being called prince. "... Come on Lucius" he said walking out of the room.

As I made my way there Winston and Princeton we're walking back in. "Is your practice over?" I asked. "I Don't think I'm a magic user mom, I can't even make a spark," Princeton said bummed out. "You'll get the hang of it, I didn't learn magic till I was eighteen you know" I replied. "Is that supposed to make me feel better? I don't want to take so long" he said looking at his hands. "... Princeton, I could have heard your response wrong what did you say?" I asked crossing my arms. "Uh... nothing" he replied running off. "Princeton!? What was it?" I asked as he continued off. "Nothing, sorry mom," he said turning around just for a brief second. "I've already lectured him on manners in the past, your turn" Winston said watching him. "I've done so too... I guess one of the boys was bound to be like me" I replied. "So where were you headed" Winston asked. "To see the decoration, and you?" I asked.

"Nowhere, In particular, mind if I accompany you?" he asked. "I mean you should also be deciding here so" I replied. "That's true" he replied as we made our way up.

As he continued running he bumped into his brothers. "Princeton? What are you running from" Lucius asked? "From Mother. She's not following right?" he asked looking back and walking to hide behind Frederick just in case. "She's not" Frederick responded chuckling. "Wait why are you running away from her?" Lucius asked. "Umm.... nothing in particular what are you guys up to?" he responded. "Oh, mom said I'm going to be living here from now on" Lucius replied. "Really?! Alright" Princeton responded

All three walked up to the castle Library to talk about the adventures they would have once Lucius officially moved in. "That's right, I forgot I was going to ask mom if she could help me with magic instead," Princeton said jumping up from his seat. "While we were tasting cake she said she be in the ballroom" Lucius responded looking up from his sketchbook. "Okay, I'll be back" Princeton responded leaving the room.