Chapter 9: Kekkei Genkai

The shinobi must kill their emotions, and not rely on them, and to get rid of them completely to complete their mission. And to complete their mission, they must become tools for their village to be wielded. 

But Haku thought different, which confused Naruto. She told him that to be truly strong, you must find something precious enough to protect, someone you'd give your life for. Yet, Naruto hasn't found anybody like that. 

"I haven't found somebody like that in my life yet." Naruto said solemnly, causing Haku to smile. He gave her a confused look before she tilted her head, closing her eyes. 

"You just have to find them, that's all." She responded. "Zabuza-sama is my precious person. I'm his weapon, his ultimate tool. I will do anything to make his dream a reality." Naruto leaned forward. 

"Dream? What's Zabuza's dream?" Haku smiled softly. 

"To get rid of the 4th Mizukage, Yagura, and lead a rebellion so that Mist can be prosperous once again." Naruto let out a low whistle, leaning back on his two hands. 

"That's quite a goal. He doesn't look the type." Haku let out a small giggle, causing Naruto to smile. 

"Zabuza-sama doesn't look like a lot of things. He's actually quite kind if you get to know him." Naruto hmmed. 

"To think that the demon of the bloody mist is actually a softy." Naruto shook his head, laughing a little. He then suddenly remembered why he was even in Wave Country, and his smiled disappeared. He looked at Haku seriously. "Haku, I don't want to fight you." Haku smiled back at him. 

"I do not wish to fight you either, Naruto. But it seems like that path is inevitable." Naruto felt his hands turn into fist. There had to be a way, a way where they didn't have to fight! Naruto stood up, a righteous look on his face as he took off his mask. 

"Haku-chan," He began, getting the girl in front of him to blush. He held out his mask. "I'm going to convince them not to fight, and you have to convince Zabuza to not complete Gato's mission." Haku frowned, narrowing her brows as she thought. 

"I, may be able to convince him, but I can't promise anything." She said, a small smile gracing her lips as she took the mask from Naruto. 

"That's all I need," He said, he then took off. "I'll see you soon!" He said before taking off, leaving a very perplexed Haku, a light blush on her face. 

He had given her his mask. Why? The boy kept his face hidden for a reason, so why did he decide to give her his mask? It didn't make sense, but that didn't matter. What mattered, was that she had to convince her master that he had to stop this mission. 

And maybe, maybe she could actually have a true friend for once. 

With Naruto 

Naruto burst into the house, shocking Tsunami, Choji, and Asuma, who were busy talking about how she cooked such good food. When Asuma saw Naruto, his eyes widened before they were cloaked with a rage. 

"You dare kiss Kurenai, and then you disappear for two days!" He roared, appearing in front of Naruto in a burst of speed before grabbing the Hatake by the throat and slamming him into the wall, leaving a small crack in the wall. "And then show you're face to me!?" 

"If you weren't a Genin of Konoha, I'd have killed you." Asuma whispered, the rage only intensifying as Naruto only smirked. 

"Heh, heh, do you get o-off on chocki-ing a tw-twelve year old?" He said as he began laughing weakly as Asuma dropped him, making him land on the heap on the ground.