Chapter 46: The Sixth Hokage

"Hokage-sama," An Anbu said, closing the giant door behind him. "Your father is here to see you." The grey-haired teen nodded. The door opened to reveal Kakashi Hatake, his shinobi headband covering his now empty eye socket. 

"Heya Naruto, how's the new job going?" Naruto smiled at his father's presence. 

"It's not too bad. So, how's the new Genin team going?" Kakashi sweatdropped, causing Naruto to deadpan. "You failed another team?" 

"Yeah, heh heh heh, you know me." Naruto sighed and took out a few papers and began writing. 

"I'm just going to take you off the sensei roster if you don't mind." Kakashi smiled under his mask. 

"Ah, yes, please. That way I can keep reading without interruptions." Naruto glanced up, his grey eyes filled with amusement. 

"Why don't I just take you off the shinobi roster then? It'll make things easier." Kakashi's eyes sparkled. 

"Will you really? Please?! Give me a Sannin's pass so I can go discover the wonders of Icha-Icha under Jiraiya sama!" A bead of sweat dripped down his face. 

"You're serious, wow, okay fine. I hereby dub you Sannin of Konoha and give you a free-roaming pass whenever you so wish, see ya." Kakashi smiled at his son before ruffling the Hokage's hair, getting a small growl of protest. 

"I'll visit often, or just send Pakkun I don't know. Anyways, I gotta go pack, love ya." Naruto smiled under his mask. 

"Love you too," And that was the day Kakashi's dream was fulfilled to freely become an actor for the new Icha-Icha movie adaptations. 

It's been about two months since the short Civil War that Konoha had and after a week of debating, Naruto was to be Fugaku's replacement as Hokage. 

There were a handful of Uchiha left, mostly those who were still loyal to the village and not Fugaku, which were very few, but those few were spared. Now, Sasuke Uchiha was the Clan Head of the Uchiha, and he sported new Eternal Mangekyou eyes. 

The funeral for everyone who perished in the attack besides the enemy, was a day after Naruto was appointed Hokage, and everyone who lost someone openly wept except for Naruto, who only looked on with sadness. 

He lost a close friend that day, but he had to move on and be strong for the people of Konoha. Everyone lost something, he was not alone, so he had no right to complain. 

Naruto looked outside the window and was pleased to see that most of the village was restored. He then sighed and sat back down at his desk. 

He was the second youngest Hokage in history, the first being his own teacher, Hiruzen Sarutobi. He was seventeen, and Hiruzen was sixteen when they were elected Hokage. 

But he wasn't the youngest Kage in history, that title belonged to Gaara of the Sand, being placed as Kazekage at the young age of fifteen. 

He was interrupted from his thoughts when his secretary, a young woman named Ryoko, who had poked her head out from the doors, spoke. 

"Hokage-sama, the ambassador from Sand is here to see you." She called out. Naruto smirked under his mask and nodded to Ryoko. 

"Send her in, thank you." Ryoko smiled at the thanks he gave her, glad to be appreciated before she opened the door wider, revealing Temari of the Sand, her traditional fan on her back and Naruto's old sword on her hip.