Chapter 38: Return

"I'll kill you too!" Shisui looked back at Naruto, a wide grin spreading across his face. 

"Yes! You're back! You're finally back!" He exclaimed, unconstrained excitement on his face. "We can finally move on with our plans!" Naruto glared at Shisui disdainfully, Ellie's blood still fresh on his face. 

"I have no intention in furthering your filthy Uchiha plans." He took out his sword, lightning dancing across the blade as he looked at Komihoro, who just stared at the dead body of his life long comrade. "You're next." Komihoro did nothing to stop as Naruto lopped off his head with his sword, killing him instantly as his body fell to the ground, his head rolling. 

"Naruto, is that really you?" Sasuke asked, taking several steps back at the sudden return on his lifelong friend that was supposedly dead. "I don't understand, you're supposed to be-" 

"Dead?" Naruto questioned, finishing Sasuke's statement. "Yeah that's a no. If only I had died that night," He felt a sudden chakra burst come from behind him and he ducked under Shisui's blade before swiping the man's feet from under him, causing him to hit the ground with a loud thump. "Which reminds me," 

Flashback

"Naruto Hatake, I must insist that you die." 

The masked man rushed Naruto, a chakra rod in hand as he went to stab him in the stomach, but Naruto barely dodged it, it scraping his stomach just a little. 

"Who are you?" Naruto asked as he clutched his bleeding eye after sending out another Amaterasu, his chakra low. 

"Like I said before," The masked man said as he landed a kick on Naruto as Shisui sent a fire jutsu at the fourteen-year-old who barely evaded it. "I'm just a wanderer." 

"Bullshit, I've done something to you for you to want to kill me, who are you?" The man ducked under Naruto's punch and swung his chakra rod up, the sharp end cutting deeply into Naruto's face from his right cheek to his upper eyebrow. 

"Urggghh," Naruto grunted, clutching his face as blood seeped from his wound. It didn't hit his eye, so he was lucky that he wasn't blind right now. "Bastard!" He used the last of his chakra to activate his grey Susanoo as he grabbed ahold of the mask man and his eyes widened as blood poured down them like waterfalls. "You. . ." 

A large green hand punched the grey Susanoo, causing it to release the masked man and revealing Shisui standing in the middle of a half completed Susanoo. 

The masked man did a few hand seals before nodding to Shisui, who nodded in return as three beads appeared in the large green hand of chakra before he threw it at Naruto, who tried to shield himself, but failed as the three beads hit him. 

"Yasaka Beads!' Shisui shouted as they exploded while the masked man finished his jutsu and blew the biggest fireball Shisui has ever seen, enveloping the massive explosion and the Susanoo Naruto was in, smoke expanding everywhere while Shisui and the masked man waited to see what the result was. 

When the smoke settled, they saw Naruto standing there, burn marks on his clothes as his arm was broken, hanging loosely at the side of his body. 

"He is persistent don't you think?" The masked man commented as Shisui stood next to him. Shisui nodded, agreeing with him. 

"He's strong as well. He has conviction." The masked man nodded. 

"Indeed he does."  He muttered, more to himself than to Shisui. "We've been watching him for a long time, do you think he's the one?" He asked the man next to him, who thought for a moment before speaking.