Chapter 13: Sign

"Sensei. . ." Sasuke said uncomfortably as he looked down at the slip of paper in his hands, a similar paper in both Haku's and Naruto's hands. "Chunin Exams? Are you sure we're ready for this?" Sasuke was still getting used to calling the Hokage 'sensei', especially after his mother hit him on the head when he addressed the Hokage as such.

Hiruzen smirked at the Uchiha's question.

"Of course I'm sure, I wouldn't have recommended you all to take the exams." Naruto felt a grin come across his face.

"There'll be a lot of strong Genin participating, and it's our turn to host this year, isn't it?" Hiruzen nodded, pleased at Naruto's knowledge.

"Indeed. I hope you will all make me proud." Haku felt a smile grace her pink lips.

"We won't let you down, Sarutobi-sensei." She spoke in a determined voice, causing the old man to let a warm smile cross his face.

"I know you won't."

Flashback

"You what?" Kurenai said in a loud tone. "You can't just take two of my students off my team and declare them as your own!" Hiruzen rose an eyebrow.

"It seems you have forgotten who you're talking to, Kurenai." He said in an even tone, causing Kurenai to freeze as she looked at the elderly man before her. He was the Hokage, she was a newly promoted Jonin. A big, BIG difference.

"But, Hokage-sama," She protested, all of her will to fight back died as he looked into her red eyes.

"No buts, Kurenai. You are to train Sakura, she is your apprentice now. Team 7 is disbanded, it's place taken by Squad A. Kurenai looked at Hiruzen in shock.

"Squad, A?" She asked. "What does that mean, Hokage-sama." Hiruzen only chuckled before taking a quick breath of smoke.

"All in due time, Kurenai, all in due time."

Flashback End

"The Chunin Exams. . ." Sasuke muttered as the three Genin walked down the street. "Who would've thought that we'd be in the Chunin Exams?" Naruto snorted, a small smile on his face. 

"That's the wrong question, Sasuke. The real question you're looking for is why the hell does the Third Hokage want to train us?" Haku smiled at that, but remained silent. 

"Well that's obvious," Sasuke replied, a smirk plastered on his face. "We're just that awesome." Naruto chuckled, shaking his head. 

"We're not really Sannin level yet, but we'll get there, one day." Sasuke's face lit up as he remembered something. 

"Oh yeah! Nii-san wanted to teach me how to summon crows today after training!" He waved, a smile on his face as he ran off. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." Haku stopped walking. 

"That reminds me, I must go as well, Naruto-kun. I met a girl named Hinata who was very nice, and she wanted to have lunch with me." Naruto nodded, his hood coming back up. 

"Cool. It'd suck if I was your only friend." He joked, only to get punched in the arm by Haku, who sported a small smile. 

"Oh shut up," She said before waving. "I'll see you at the house tomorrow." Naruto waved before he began going on his merry way, not caring where he was going. 

"Talking to myself, because it's fun," Naruto began, a small smile on his lips as he kicked a small rock in front of him. "Talking to myself and won't stop til I'm done."