Chapter 21: Wanderer

"Have you seen Naruto lately?" Hiruzen asked his students, a worried look dawning upon his features. Haku and Sasuke shook their heads. Hiruzen frowned. Danzo had been missing too, perhaps they were training again? 

Was Danzo the reason why Naruto was like the way he was? Cold and uncaring? He wouldn't put it above the man, but he had trained Naruto before, and Naruto was just fine. So, what? 

"Sensei," Haku started. "Why has Naruto been a prick as of lately?" Hiruzen sighed. 

"I do not know, Haku-chan. Let's just hope he gets to the final exams in time, we have two more weeks to train, let's go." 

"Alright, sensei." Sasuke and Haku said in unison, but there wasn't too much enthusiasm in their words, both thinking about Naruto. 

"Temari," Naruto heard a voice growl out. "Why have you brought him here? The Uchiha had just informed me, he is a traitor to our cause!" It was a grown man speaking. 

"He was bleeding, and besides, he's the son to Kakashi Hatake, if I were to finish him off, it could start more than just a war, we'd have another White Fang craving vengeance on us." Naruto felt the pain on his stomach and wondered why the Kyuubi wouldn't heal him, but he didn't care. He doesn't need to rely on the fox anyway. But, he was helped in some sort of way. He felt some healing chakra residue on his chest. Perhaps Temari had known a medical ninjutsu? 

"Kakashi can't do anything against Gaara," The man said, and Naruto felt a chakra increase in the room. "Guess I'll take out the trash." 

"If you put that wind blade anywhere near me," Naruto began, sitting up, his Mangekyou active as he glared at the man he recognized as Baki, the sensei to the Suna Genin. "I'll burn you alive with the flames of heaven." Baki stopped mid-step, unsure of what action to do. Risk his life trying to kill someone with the eyes of Madara Uchiha, or step down and be known as a coward. 

The first option sounded better. 

He rushed forward, but suddenly found Naruto no longer sitting in the place he were a second ago. 

"I'm going to be honest." He heard Naruto say from a love seat that was in their hotel room. "I care not for this village's people, the civilians at least. But it seems to threaten everybody in the village, including the shinobi." His Sharingan began spinning. "You'll call off this foolish attempt to subdue us, we will no be snuffed out." Baki snarled. 

"Even the greatest flames can be put out." He responded in anger. 

"Yes, but they turn the sand into glass before they do so, then the glass falls and shatters, scattered and weak." Naruto popped his neck. "Just to be clear, I know all about your plan to attack us with the help of the Uchiha and the Sound Village, but if you do so," Waves upon waves of killing intent came off of him, making Baki sweat as Temari was trying hard to stay on her feet. "I will kill everyone who dares attack us. To do so, means threatening my precious people, and I will not allow that to happen." 

"You think you can take on Gaara? Are you a fool?!" Baki shouted, but stopped when Naruto began laughing. 

"Perhaps, but I'm not afraid of your One-Tailed Jinchuuriki." He stood up. "Especially since I am the Nine-Tailed Jinchuuriki, guess they didn't tell you that little bit, did they?" Baki's blood froze. This child had to be bluffing, there was no way, and if he was speaking the truth, then they were lying to him. 

"Goodbye, I'll be seeing you in the Third Exam." He opened the door, but looked back, meeting Temari's eyes. "And thank you, for healing me I guess." And with that, he shut the door.