Part 17: Check

It was getting late so Yoongi decided it would probably be a good idea for them to go to bed, especially since he could probably only delay work for one more day.

"Let's go to bed." Yoongi said noticing Jimin already was dozing off curled up next to him.

Jimin nodded tiredly standing up.

Yoongi followed behind him, turning lights off in the house as they went through it until they broke off in separate directions to go into their rooms.

Yoongi noticed Jimin's reluctance so decided he'd check on Jimin in the night.

After around a hour of working in his room instead of sleeping, he got up and walked out of his room noticing the light on.

He walked up to Jimin's door and put his ear to it to see if Jimin was awake.

He heard small whimpers so knocked on the door lightly.

"Jiminie?" Yoongi said quietly but loud enough if Jimin wasn't asleep he'd be heard.

"Y-Yes?" Jimin said shakily trying his best to not let his voice croak due to how much he'd cried.

Yoongi opened the door softly, entering quietly only to have his heart broken seeing Jimin's puffy red face clearly in the light.

"Jimin..." Yoongi said walking over to the boy who forced a smile pretending he was okay.

"Why are you still awake hyung? You should sleep." Jimin asked quietly.

He didn't want Yoongi to worry, he'd already done so much in less than two days.

Yoongi said nothing at first, sitting on the bed next to Jimin and wiping his stray tears, his large hands caressing Jimin's cheeks.

"I was working but decided to check on you before going to bed." Yoongi said sweetly before asking "What's wrong?"

Jimin's smile wavered before he weakly said "Nothing." Not able to muster the energy to say anything else.

Yoongi sighed since it was a obvious lie so asked "Why where you crying then?"

Jimin froze before looking down sadly, ready to start crying again.

Yoongi waited patiently for an answer, still caressing Jimin's cheeks which the boy leaned into.

"I... never mind... it's stupid." Jimin finally said making Yoongi frown.

"It's not stupid if it's upsetting you. You can tell me. How am I supposed to help if you don't tell me?"

Jimin looked Yoongi in the eyes for a moment unable to maintain it due to the serious look in Yoongi's eyes.

"Jimin-ah." Yoongi said a bit more sternly.

"I get scared when I'm alone..." Jimin admitted making Yoongi's heart break a little.

"Why didn't you say anything sooner?" Yoongi asked softly pulling Jimin on to his lap and hugging him.

Jimin froze unable to answer on his own, the words he said being expected.

"I didn't want to burden you."

Yoongi sighed pulling Jimin closer to him before softly saying "It's not a burden and if it was I knew what I was getting into when I took you in."

They'd only known each other for an extremely short time but they were already close and acted as if it had been forever.

"I'm sorry this probably caused you more trouble." Jimin said suddenly being consumed by guilt with everything getting to much all of a sudden causing him to just cry.

Yoongi knew there was more to it than him causing trouble so just replied "It's okay. Everything's okay." Holding Jimin until there bodies were pressed together.

Jimin whimpered before whispering "H-hyung. Please don't leave me." Already being more than attached to the stranger.

"I will stay with you forever if that's what you want." Yoongi replied already being whipped.

Not to long after that Yoongi heard soft snores coming from Jimin who was on his chest, smiling lightly.

He wondered if Jimin would be so keen to stay with him if he saw him at work.

But that didn't matter now.

What did was making sure Jimin was happy and safe.

He lifted the younger easily since Jimin's arms were around his neck holding on tightly.

Yoongi walked them into his room laying Jimin on the bed, being pulled down by Jimin who cuddled close to him.

Yoongi returned the action resting a arm on Jimin's waist before drifting off into dreamland himself.