1

~ Yoongi's POV ~

The 31st of December. New Year's Eve. A day where most of the people are looking forward to the new year. They are out celebrating, drinking, popping the corks.

But I wasn't one of those people. Definitely not. Right now, at 8 pm on said day, I sat in my one-room apartment in front of my computer screen and played some video games.

My fingers were already greasy from the chips I ate while playing and my desk is entirely covered in empty Mountain Dew bottles and energy drink cans.

Actually, I don't understand those people celebrating. Like, what's the deal? It's just the beginning of another year I'm going to completely waste in doing nothing again.

Just another year closer to death. What a great reason to celebrate. Well, now that I think about it, it doesn't sound too bad.

Often, I feel like I'm just a waste of space. I have no friends, sit in my room 24/7 and for a living, I work at a convenience store.

I do nothing but eating, sleeping, playing video games, reading comics and jerking off. Great, I'm really an enrichment for mankind.

My eyes were glued to the screen as I tried to win this match of Overwatch when suddenly I heard my doorbell ring.

For a second I froze. No one visits me. The only people that come to my apartment are the pizza delivery guy and the package deliverer.

Did I order pizza? No, I definitely did not. Just then again, the doorbell rang again. I started frowning.

Then, all of a sudden, the ringing of the doorbell got really fast and aggressive.

I sighed in annoyance as I got out of my chair. I quickly headed into my bathroom to wash my hands a bit to get the grease from the chips off of my hands.

I walked towards my front door and when I looked through the spyhole, I couldn't see anyone.

I shrugged it off and still opened the door. And, I must say, I definitely didn't expect what I then saw.

___________________________

A/N: Surprise! Surprise!
This is my little New Year's special!

I'm going to publish one chapter every 30 to 60 minutes from now on. So, stay tuned!

And because we are all living in different time zones, I'm gonna say it now: HAPPY NEW YEAR. (still 9 pm at my place tho)