14

We decided to just watch the fireworks from the window. The window just happened to be right over my bed. So, we sat down on the bed and made ourselves comfortable in front of the window.

I opened an exact clock on my phone, an atomic clock, so that we know when the countdown starts.

Jimin and I just sat next to each other but it wasn't awkward at all.

"Jimin, look!" I said while pointing towards the phone screen which just showed the time: 11:59:50.

He gasped but then started counting down where I quickly joined in. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

"Happy New Year!" we both cheered at the same time with a smile on both our faces.

We then looked out of the window and the fireworks began to embellish the night sky.

"Wow..." Jimin said in pure amazement. "Indeed," I replied quietly.

So many different colors could be seen. It was honestly beautiful. I never really watched it but now I'm glad I did.

A few seconds later, I noticed Jimin was trembling. I couldn't blame him, the heater was broken.

I quickly grabbed the blanket and threw it over the two of us while also moving closer to the younger. He giggled in response.

Jimin then suddenly did something unexpected.

He laid his head onto my shoulder and took hold of one of my hands and began playing with it. He sighed in relief and I ruffled his hair a little bit.

My heart was beating so fast at this point that I thought it would jump out of my ribcage any second.

Oh, Park Jimin, how did you manage to fuck me up like this within just a few hours?