17

We went outside and it was fucking cold. But, apparently, we had a mission to complete.

"Okay, let me burn my papers first," Jimin said. "Can you give me the lighter?"

I pulled a simple lighter out of the pocket of my jacket and handed it to him. "By the way, I noticed some lighters here and there in your apartment. Why is that so?"

"I used to smoke," I told him. "Ew, disgusting." Jimin made a grimace at me. "Yeah yeah, I know but I stopped."

"How come?" he asked, probably just out of pure curiosity. "I got too lazy to do it," I just explained while shrugging. "Wow, you are honestly something else."

"Okay, let's get back to the ritual." Jimin lit up the lighter and held it close to one of the papers. "First, the thing I want to get rid of." He set the piece of paper on fire and suddenly began screaming, "BEGONE, THOT!"

I couldn't restrain myself from chuckling at his behavior.

"Okay, next up, my wish," he said and set it on fire. Both of us watched the pieces of paper and the smoke disappear into nothingness.

"Okay hyung, your turn." Jimin gave me the lighter. "How about you burn your wish first?" he instructed me.

Honestly, I forgot which paper was which and I definitely won't hold it near my nose to smell it again. So, I just burn whatever paper first.

The paper disappeared slowly with the smoke.

"Great, now burn what you want to get rid of!"

I took the second piece of paper, whichever it was and set it on fire and threw it onto the ground.

"Oh, look. The paper didn't really catch fire," Jimin stated and I looked down onto the piece of paper that didn't burn and also unfolded itself, making the writing visible.

Jimin leaned forward to pick it up again.

For fuck's sake, please, PLEASE, don't let this be the wish paper!