12

After some time, the awkward silence between the two of us relaxed a little bit as we both calmed down.

By now, it was already close to midnight and Jimin's drunkenness was almost gone by now. He just seemed a bit confused sometimes.

But from one second to another, Jimin suddenly shouted out, "Hyung!" I turned to look at him. "What?"

"We forgot something!" I sighed heavily. "What did we forget?" I asked in a really unamused voice.

"The rituals!" he exclaimed and I just began to frown at him. "Are you a freaking occultist or what?"

Jimin clicked his tongue at my statement. "No, hyung!"

"Then what are you talking about?" I tilted my head, honestly confused and Jimin sighed in desperation.

"Hyung, you know these rituals people do at the turn of the year?"

I raised an eyebrow. I thought Jimin was near sober by now but I guess I had to take that back.

"Jimin, shut up. You are still drunk."

"No! I am not and I really mean it! Have you never done one of those rituals?"

I shrugged and replied, "Guess not."

Jimin sighed heavily. "Like, seriously? How could you have never done that? It's for good luck in the new year!" he explained to me.

"So, you're telling me, you have done this every year for good luck?" I asked and he nodded rapidly.

"And you are still complaining about your life being shit? Your little good luck rituals must be working pretty well," I added.

He whined in response. "But this year I am not alone!"

"Too bad that this year will be over in a few minutes," I stated, feeling like I've already won.

"What?!" Jimin yelped.

With that, I got my phone out and hold the screen that showed the time right in front of his face.

11:52 pm.