Chapter 2

I am so happy I captured the locations yesterday, even though I got up early and only more avoided eating, despite having not eaten anything yesterday, I did drink more of the impossibly large glass today. I had to make a pit stop by the restroom but I still got to class early with my very heavy satchel that held everything I'd need for all of my classes.

I made sure to grab the notebook I'd need and waited patiently for class to start. Language. The class that seems the simplest but had anxiety gnawing at every fiber of my being, I was unsure why but this class had me the most nervous, and this is one of the two I should know. I hope we are studying this language, I don't know how well I'd do at learning a new one...

This was the only class I had at the same time every day and that didn't help. I went stock still as I realize I didn't check to see if they were the same classes. Quickly pulling it up I sighed in relief when I found they were indeed the same classes. I wonder if I could get a teacher to explain what my classes meant?

I was broken away from my thought with a jump as the bell rang and... Well... There weren't many people in class. Not even the teacher was here so I questioned if I wanted to ask one of the few others to make sure I was where I needed to be but decided against it as I couldn't bring myself to do that. Talking to people I don't know? I'd melt on the spot.

Biting my lip as the stress of not knowing if I was in the right class nagged at me as time passed and those here just spoke with another, equally confused, student. A few people more joined us but it wasn't until halfway through class that the teacher showed up, looking surprised to see us.

"More than I thought," He mumbled as I blushed for no reason, I shouldn't be the one embarrassed! I showed up on time! Early actually! Scolding myself I gently shook my head and looked to the board as he scribbled on it just what I didn't what him to. I was going to learn a new language. One I couldn't even pronounce. Chewing on my lip as I started notes not even sure what I was copying.

"Alright, well, I'll be your teacher for language basics this year," He didn't even say it! How am I supposed to know what I'm studying if you wouldn't write it in English?! I silently tried to figure out what why he was not telling me what language I was learning I still scribbled down everything he wrote. And he'd make sure to convert the words between English and whatever that was but never even hint at what language it was.

I was drowning in the stress of thinking I should probably know it on my own. While I was not only kicking myself in the face but making sure I was paying attention I found that I was very glad he showed up late because my brain what to explode already at the pace he's moving. I'm stuck processing his words while writing something completely different down and my stress was soon replaced by worry, as I didn't know if I was getting it all.

When the bell sounded he paused and finished what he was writing and saying before leaving, I couldn't even ask questions?! I'm going to die. Quickly finishing up I hesitated at the door as the stampede was in high pursuit and I already had bruises from getting trampled yesterday so I waited for it to calm.

I was stuck sprinting to my next class so I wasn't late and the same thing happened. She showed up late before cramming my brain to its max about stuff I wasn't sure even belonged in writing. Every. Single. Class. The same thing happened, I'd sprint to make sure I was on time only to be left waiting, only to get my head shoved in a high current of words and writing.

Bonus? I seemed to have learned what esoteric, soteriology, and thaumatology meant before lunch. Esoteric; intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest, why I was studying it? I don't know! Soteriology; the doctrine of salvation, once more, I have no idea why I'm studying it. Though, thaumatology makes sense, why would I not be studying magic? They didn't have to use a word like that... Now I feel stupid for not knowing that was magic class.

Now I was sitting in the cafeteria debating the charcoal in front of me, I'm so hungry but is that edible? I mean that older boy ate it but still... I haven't seen him since so he may have died... With a heavy sigh, I tried it again, only to gag and start chugging my water.

Why is it so bad?! And why is there no other food?! Putting my head on the table I bit my lip and held in my tears. I'm not going to make it... I already am ready to drop out and I haven't even gotten to the physical training... Or whatever hoplology is!

Glaring at the floor I debated if I even wanted to know. I'm not sure why but I already hate it so so much. Why can't I just crawl into bed and sleep for eternity? My stomach roared to life as my glare hardened and I raise my head, fixating it at the charcoal they're calling food. Just a determined huff I got a really big spoon full and put it in my mouth.

Worst mistake I've ever made in my life. Putting my hand over my mouth I gagged multiple times but refused to spit it out but at the same time, I couldn't bring myself to swallow so I was stuck chewing and that just made me want to spit it out more. Grabbing my water I tossed it back and forced myself to swallow, the water helping so much as the spicy burnt chalk found its way into my stomach.

Shivering in disgust as I continued to drink my water I looked at the monstrosity in front of me before getting up and throwing the rest of it out. I'd burn it but I think someone beat me to it. The other years had split the moment they finished and that had me wondering why they spend so little time in the cafeteria. In the morning they never show up before ten minutes to the first class, and with lunch, they run the moment they can, I wouldn't know about dinner as I didn't even stop by for the enormous glass of water they offer.

I don't think I'm going to ever try to eat that again. Shivering at the thought I began my way to hoplology early, the thought of the teacher being late making me frown. But there was a new burning hatred for the class I knew nothing about. And for no reason. Hoplology was studying human combative behavior and performance. So I'm just watching two dudes fight. Unsure about what to do I glance at the teacher, who is doing nothing but watching the two.

What even is this school?!