Chapter 53

I got a banner!

         I think I'm going to make a shrine in my room. Worship sleep for the god it is. Grunting I rolled out of bed rubbing my eyes as I could quite literally feel the bags under them I glared at the research I've been doing on crystals. They could, theoretically, record messages and they were capable of scanning words but getting them to do both at once was not as easy as it sounded.

      Grumbling I pulled myself into my uniform, stepping over the dragon I tied my hair back as I closed my door. Jogging into a run I found myself at the start of the stamped, remembering the beginning of the year when I was overly punctual and picky. Food was food and early was for those with time to waste.

        Memories.

       Shoveling the crushed mash of charcoal I tossed back a large black slush and down half my water before scampering to class. Soothly moving through my usual schedule I read when I had time and mildly socialized with my friends who had gotten used to me reading while they talked amongst themselves.

       Immediately going to class study after school I took as much information as I could before shoveling more food in my face and working out. Showering I moved to potions as I still had to make a living and looked into crystals before conking out without even taking off my shoes. This continued for the next three months. Sundays keeping me sane as I slept, the shine actually being built.

       I did add a new addition to my room though. Aerial Silks. A lot more difficult to use that I had thought they'd be. An accompanying aerial hook being hung above my bed. No matter the spacial trunks, one of which was in my closet the other at the foot of my bed, my room was still crowded.

        Could be the dragon. It's the dragon. It's definitely the dragon. The bloody thing took up my entire room and still found a way to use my bed as a pillow. Which brings me to now. Proposing a few additions to the school, having a few other minor issues.

     "A greenhouse would be very useful to both potion brewing and witchcraft as a whole, one I'd be willing to sponsor," I smiled with my hands on my knee while it rested above the other.

      "Temping, but you are aware that this isn't a school with a need for such frivolous things current?" He asked equally professional, he was the only elite left not dealing with war, which meant I only have to convince him. "And what's this stable I'm seeing on this list?" He asked with a raised brow while I didn't shift in the slightest.

      "Exotic beasts are needed for the more complicated and powerful potions, a place to keep them would be needed if I were to continue my research into stronger potions," He stared at me for a long moment before leaning back in his seat.

      "And you're going to sponsor all of these? You do know how much coin it costs to build such things, not to mention the materials- you'd pay for it all?" Looking at the small list I had given him I nodded.

      "Of course, I just want to best for my fellow students," He hummed making a face that showed he didn't believe the excuse that wasn't there to be believed.

      "The end of the school year is approaching and you know what that means, most working hands are busy with the tournament, and you're certain you can still have these built by the end of the month?" What a deadline! You could just say no!

     "Of course, I have full confidence in my workers,"

     "Uh huh, and you can gather the materials needed? obviously, glass isn't an issue but the metal needed in the stables to hold beasts of that magnitude is most definitely out of your price range Miss Windsor," Oof, last name. He really wants to see me fail this time.

      "No need to worry over such trivial things I have enough connections to get them all within my price range," It's called alchemy and being a merchants daughter. He stared at me for a long while, taking note that I had clearly already thought this through. I need that stable. I really needed that stable. If the dragon got any bigger it was going to break my damn walls.

      "I'll give my permission to build but if you're not done by the end of the month we will be taking over and reuse them for more useful reasons, and you are not allowed to ditch class just because you're overseeing something of this nature. You're free to collect your people today and tomorrow so passes can be made, those after are not allowed on our premises,"

         You really want to see me fail, don't you?