Ch.5 Happy

******

I woke up to Sage's arms still wrapped around me. I turned my body so I was facing him. His eyes slowly opened. He smiled when he looked at me. I smiled right back. This was one of the best mornings I've ever had.

"I didn't wash your clothes last night. I'm sorry." His voice is still groggy from sleep.

"It's okay. I need to drop by my house before school anyway, to grab my bag."

"You're going to school?" He asks excitedly. I smile even wider.

"Yes, even though I have this cut on my face, I will be going to school. I can't afford to miss." I say quickly.

"Well, if anyone looks at you, or questions you about the cut I'll be there to fight them off. Even if I don't know the reason myself."

"Thank yo-" But before I can finish talking Marie bursts in the room making me all but jump out of Sage's arms. Even though nothing happened, I can't help but feel awkward.

They both laugh at me and I run into the bathroom because I'm embarrassed, but also because I need to go to the bathroom. When I get out they have both left my room and my clothes from yesterday are sitting on my chair. I grab them and head out to find the other two so I have enough time to get back to my house and change and grab my things. And also sneak in.

As I walk out I smell pancakes and my mouth waters like I'm a rabid dog. Sage comes out from what I assume is his room. He's wearing dark blue jeans, a black shirt and he has a leather jacket in his hand.

"I almost forgot, we have to clean your wound." I laugh at his use of the word wound. We walk into my bathroom again and this time, I know to jump up on the counter. He walks up to me with the first aid kit and cleans my 'wound'. We go through the same thing as last time with the ointment too.

He starts putting things away and I jump down from the counter. I walk out of the bathroom with Sage trailing behind me. We walk downstairs to find Marie in the kitchen making the pancakes that I smelled. My stomach grumbles. Sage chuckles.

"Hungry? Here sit down." He says as he places a plate of pancakes at a chair at the table. I don't know when the last time I ate was. I pour syrup all over the pancakes and start to eat. Pancakes are so good. Food is so good. When we are all done eating I check the time and realize that if I want time to change I have to get them to bring me to the house.

"Hey, I have to grab my bag at th-my house. Could you bring me there quickly so we aren't late to school?" I struggle to get my out. It doesn't feel like my house. It feels like a prison.

"Yeah sure we can bring you. We can all head to school together." Sage says. Marie nods and runs upstairs to get changed and grab her bag. Sage starts to lace up his high-top converse and I slide on my shoes as we wait for Marie.

Surprisingly, it doesn't take her long to get ready. She has her hair up in a ponytail, she's wearing black leggings, a olive green V-neck t-shirt, a denim jacket, and her white converse.

Sage grabs his keys and we are out the door. Marie gets in the back of his Jeep, allowing me to sit in the passenger seat. I'm still in Sage's old sweats and I pray that my dad isn't home. And if he is, how do I get in? What do I do?

When we get to the house, I see my dad's car and my heart races.

"Hey Marie wanna come in with me?"

"Yeah, sure! I have wanted to see your room forever!" I smile at her and get out of the car leaving Sage behind.

I'm hoping that bringing someone with me will stop him from hurting me. Or maybe he'll just get more mad and hurt me more later on. As we walk into the front door the house looks clean. The only smell in the air is of cigarettes.