Ch.23 Carson

A/N- Just to refresh your memory, Sam is Sage and Carters mom and Marie's step-mom.

******

The next morning I'm up before Sage. I don't want to move and wake him though so I just lay there in his arms. I get my phone off the table next to the bed and scroll through Instagram. I get bored and put my phone down. I turn around so I'm facing Sage.

"You're watching me." He says sleepily.

"I'm not." I say. He chuckles and opens his eyes.

"Are you okay this morning?" He asks. "Get enough sleep?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"Because last night you were quite the squirmer. You almost kicked me off the bed." Ugh, how embarrassing. Of course.

"Sorry. For how long?" I ask.

"Only like and hour. It's okay though. If you got enough sleep, I don't care." He places a gentle kiss on my lips as if he's scared he's going to trigger that memory.

"Sage, last night I-" He stops me.

"It's okay. You don't have to do anything you don't want to or you're not comfortable with." He says.

"Still, last night was a one time flashback-y thing, I hope." I say feeling bad about myself.

"Hey, I just said, It's fine. It's perfectly okay. We don't have to do anything." He says.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." He says pulling me closer to him. "So much." He whispers in my ear. Shivers crawl down my spine. He kisses my neck and then my jaw.

"And yes, you're absolutely beautiful." He whispers again. I grab his face and kiss him. Once again, like on the dock, Sage is over me. It reminds me of- No Eden don't you dare finish that thought. Sage is not that man. Sage is keeping his weight on his forearms and I still have my hands firmly on either side of his face.

There's a knock on the door. We both ignore it. They knock again. I think they might knock again after that but at that point I've completely tuned them out. So has Sage apparently. I deepen the kiss and slide my hands into his hair. I reach down to the hem of his shirt.

"Guys! Breakfast is ready! Oh jeez, sorry." I hear someone say and then I hear the door close. Sage pulls away from me. I pout at him.

"You heard her, breakfast is ready. And if we stay here too long, they'll think we, uh, 'did the dirty' as Marie said last night."

"What if I want to?" I ask. I laugh at myself and start blushing. "I don't know what made me say that." I say still giggling as Sage takes my hand and leads me out of bed and the room.

"It's okay. It was a little unlike you though." Sage said. "What did that coma do to you?" He asks poking my head. I swat his hand away. As we are about to reach the stairs, Sage lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder. Naturally, I start screaming.

"Sage! Put me down!" He only laughs and carries me down the stairs and into the kitchen. I smell the glorious smell of homemade French toast. One of my favorites. Everyone else is already eating and I don't hesitate to get a plate and get some French toast. It's so good.

"Oh my god!" I say or scream as I eat it.

"Is that what you were shouting last night?" Marie asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh my god! Marie! No! Stop!" I say. She laughs and I think I hear a laugh come from Val too.

"Marie, for your information nothing happened last night." Sage says. I nod and continue to eat. It's so good.