Ch.38 Creep

******
"Go away Dominique." Marie says coldly.

"Can't stand up for yourself mute?" She taunts me. I feel my face warm in anger. I keep my head down and play with the necklace Sage got me.

"Fuck off Dominique." Sage says pulling me closer to him.

"But I've missed her." She says faking sincerity. "And I've missed you." She says stepping closer to Sage and batting her eyelashes.

Sage takes a step back and raises his hand.

"Don't touch me and don't come close to me." He says. Her face contorts from flirty to mad.

"Let's go girls. We'll deal with her later." She says glaring at me. Thank goodness she's gone.

"That bitch is about to get my foot down her throat." Marie says cracking her knuckles.

"You could easily take her." Sage mutters.

"It's fine, really." I say. "Let's just go to class." They nod in agreement and Marie leaves to go to her class. Sage puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk to French.

"I don't want to go to French right now." Sage says. "Can we skip?" I shake my head.

"No, we cannot skip. This is an advanced class. I'll be lucky if I have a mild understanding of what's going on." I say. "And you've missed a lot." I pat his chest.

"Ugh, fine." He says as we turn down the language hallway.

We walk into the classroom and everyone looks at us. Sage glares at them and I keep my head down and we walk to our seats, Sage's arm still firmly around my shoulders.

I sit down and take out my notebook and pencil. Sage has his arm around the back of my chair and he still has a glare on his face but it's not being directed at anyone.

"Today is already pissing me off. I need to hit something." Sage grumbles.

"We can box after school. Now get your notebook out. I'm not letting you fail." I say. He takes out his notebook and slams it in the table earning a glare from the teacher and shocked looks from everyone else.

I give a tight smile to everyone.

"Sage what is going on?" I whisper as the teacher puts notes on the board for us to copy.

"I told you, people are irritating me today." He says.

"Who? And when?" I ask.

"Who do you think?" He snaps. I flinch back a little and his scowl and glare soften.

"I'm sorry. Just- Dominique, this morning. Really annoyed me." He stammers out.

Why is he lying?

"It's fine. She doesn't bother me anymore." I say. He nods his head and we start writing the notes.

***

French passes by quickly and I can't figure out why Sage is so upset. We go our separate ways. I head to English and sit in my seat next to Marie.

"What's up with Sage today? I ran into him in the hallway and he seems pissy." She says. I shrug because I have no idea either.

"I don't know. I asked him and he said that Dominique made him angry but I don't think I believe him." I say. "I don't know why he would lie to me." I mumble more to myself.

"I think I have and idea." Val says butting in.

"When did you get here?" I turn around and ask her.

The Hidden TruthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara