Ch.55 Déjà vu

A/N- Warning: This chapter contains content that some may find disturbing. Please read with caution.

******

I think it's been two days since I got here. Nothing has happened, no one has come in. I haven't heard anything. I already tried opening the door. It was stupid of me to think it'd actually be unlocked.

I don't know if my friends are alive. I don't know what happened after I got taken. Is Sage alright? What about Val and Marie?

I still cry about Shawn. I can't help it. I practically lead him to his death. Had I been more careful going into that room, none of this would've happened. It's all my fault. It's my fault he's dead.

Tears run down my face for the second time today. This room keeps getting colder. The floor is freezing. I guess that makes sense though. December is coming up. My birthday is coming up. I was sitting on the bed but that's just as uncomfortable as the floor.

I stand up off the floor and stand where I can see out the window. All I can see is tall grass. I don't know where I am. It's terrifying. I miss my friends. I miss my mom.

I wonder if she knows about all of this. What if they never come to find me because they think I died? What if I'm stuck here forever.

My stomach grumbles. I ignore it. I've gone much longer without food. I'll be fine. Everything will be fine.

I hear something. Someone, maybe, outside the door. Then I hear locks being unlocked. And the door starts to open. My eyes grow wide.

Some part of me was hoping it was one of my friends.

My father just walked through the door. He smiles a evil smile and walks close to me. I stand my ground. I don't cower into the corner. I'm stronger now. I'm not afraid of him.

I was afraid of him before. I knew how to fight him, but I was scared to. I didn't know what he would do if I tried to fight back. He almost always had his knife on him, I wasn't going to risk it.

Usually, if I just let him hit me, it'd be over sooner. If I tried to run or get him to stop, it'd be worse.

But now, I stand my ground. I'm not going to let this happen. I'm not going to let him hurt me again, I'm not going to let him keep me as a prisoner. I won't. He steps closer to me. I stay rooted in my spot.

"It's so good to see you again, bitch." He says smirking. "What, you're all tough now?" He looks at me and scoffs. I still don't move. I won't. I look into his evil eyes.

"Get away from me." I say. He only laughs.

"What're you going to do? Huh? Stare me to death?" He's about a foot away from me. "I have someone who wants to see you again, too." I don't move my eyes. I'm not taking my eyes off of him. Not for a second.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see another man walk into the room. His friend. From that night. The one who almost-

I blink my eyes rapidly. This cannot be happening. I won't let it happen. The man walks closer to me. His face is inches away from mine. I'm frozen. I'm petrified.

He saunters over to us wearing a police uniform of all things. I almost forgot that he's on the police force.

"Hi, Eden. I'm your dads friend, Mitchel. Nice to see you again." His eyes roam down my body. I've had enough. I ball up my fist and punch him in the face. He looks shocked. But I'm too slow. This whole thing has caught me entirely off guard.

My father grabs my hands and holds them behind my back. Mitchel regains his composure and he looks angry. I try to fight off my father, I try to get him to let go of me. It doesn't work.