Ch.49 Graduation

******
~A Few Months Later~

I'm sitting in the school auditorium waiting for Sage's name to be called. I can't believe he's graduating. I'm so proud of him. He's almost up and I play with my ring. I still can't believe how my life is turning out. I tried to get Sage to at least go to community college and get some kind of degree, but he wouldn't. He won't. He says he doesn't need to because of the gang. I still think it'd be smart for him to. While gang business hasn't been bad, it's been bad. Anything to do with the gang is bad. It's never good. The other day Sage sent Shawn out to kill someone who hadn't payed them back yet.

Mom and Sage's mom are on either side of me and our friends are sitting behind me. I fiddle with my ring and when Sage's name is called I look up and see my beautiful fiancé walking up to the stage. When he accepts his diploma and moves the tassel thing to the other side of his cap, I stand up and clap as loud as I can. Our friends and family do the same. Our friends have become our family since we don't have much of it. Me and Sage both have our moms, Sage has Carson, Carter, and Marie of course. Then there's our extended family, Val, Shawn, Kian, Travis, and Ross. Even Jack, Louis, Axel, and Rodney are up here from North Carolina. The last time they were up here they got really close with everyone else. We're a big happy family.

I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to start a family with Sage, but that won't be happening for a few years. I can't believe I'm going into my senior year. I can't believe my dad is gone. Everything has been going so well. I'm becoming a bigger part of the gang now. I go to all the meetings and I help make very important decisions.

On his way back to his seat, Sage finds me and puts his hand over his chest while looking into my eyes from across the sea of people. I smile and put my hand over my heart as I sit back down. I can't wait to hug him and let him know how proud of him I am. For a while he really wanted to drop out. But I said that if he wasn't going to college, he at least needs to graduate high school. Thankfully he agreed. I may have persuaded him though, with cookies.

Daisy has also been such a great dog. She's playful but also very protective. Just like Sage. We've been training her how to protect us and sniff out guns and drugs. She'll be a very good addition to the gang someday. I just made Sage promise me that she won't get hurt. She's my baby.

Speaking of babies, I still miss my little boy. He'd be many months old by now. He'd be making noises. I'd have a child. But everything happens for a reason. I think that what happened, happened for a reason. I guess God just wanted another angel. He would've been such an angel. He will forever have a piece of my heart. The tree is growing strong in Sage's back yard. It's beautiful.

The graduation ends and I meet Sage in the lobby of the auditorium. He picks me up from behind and kisses my neck.

"Congratulations!" I say as I turn around to face him. I throw my arms around his neck and he holds me close. "I love you, and I'm so proud of you." He smiles and squeezes me tighter before letting me go, but leaving an arm wrapped around my waist. I was going to wear heels today and then I ended up wearing wedges. They're easier to walk in, and they go better with my sundress.

"Thank you. Are we going to lunch?" He asks. We ate right before we came here. Him and Kian are always so hungry.

"Yes, we can go to lunch." I say.

"Oh food?" Kian asks excitedly. I nod my head and try to make my way to the car. Mom stops us and takes pictures of us all.

"Congrats Sage." Marie says. "Sadly, I have one more year." She mopes and so does Val.

"Guys, it'll be fun! Come on." I say. We walk to the cars and head to the diner. I honestly can't wait for summer.

***
~One Month Later~