Chapter Two: The Intro

Daniella Rose Swan was The Forgotten Sister by her Mother, her Father, and even her Sister, Bella. She was seventeen, just like Isabella, they were twins, but not identical. They were fraternal twins. Isabella was born first, of course. Daniella was born five minutes later, while her Father fawned over Isabella. She was left in the doctor's arms. He was the first voice she heard, the first face she saw and the first human touch she ever felt.

    Daniella never saw the man again after that. Never saw him for their first check ups, not when Daniella would get sick, not when she broke her arm in dance class at thirteen or even when she was hospitalized with a concussion at fifteen. Daniella was what you could call 'clumsy', but most of the time it wasn't her fault. Her sister, Isabella, was worse then her and when she would fall she always brought Daniella with her. Isabella didn't just bring her down by falling, anything Isabella wanted she got.

    Like now, for example, Renee and Phil, their Mother and Stepdad, are going to Jacksonville. Daniella wanted to go, but Isabella didn't. She thought it would be better for Renee and Phil if they went and stayed with their Father in Forks, Washington for a while. Daniella hated the idea, but she didn't say anything. She never did, unless she was spoken to.

    At the moment, they were in Charlie's cruiser going to Forks for the first time since they were little. Charlie was trying to make conversation with Isabella, but she was trying to ignore him. Daniella rolled her eyes and looked out the window as it rained. She thought Isabella was being a brat. Daniella wished her parents tried to have a conversation with her.

    As they pulled up outside of their not-so-new home, Daniella sighed as she gathered her things. She walked up to her room and started unpacking. After a while, Daniella heard talking from outside. She went to her window to see that Billy and Jacob were there. Daniella and Isabella grew up with Jacob, but Jacob was always pining after Isabella, and Daniella, well, she was left alone. As normal. She was used to it, however, so it stopped bothering her after a while.

    Daniella walked down stairs and as she got to the door she heard her Father talking to her sister.

"So, what do you think?" Charlie asked.

"'Bout what?" Isabella asked curiously.

"About your homecoming present." He said hitting the side of the old, rusty truck beside them.

    Daniella scoffed in the doorway at the statement, gaining the attention of the ones outside. She rolled her eyes and slammed the door on her way back to her room. Daniella locked her door and sat on her bed as she grabbed her sketch book and went off into a daze and she drew.

    It was a couple of minutes later, when Daniella heard a knock. Snapping her out of her daze, she closed her book and set it down as she got up and walked over to the door. Daniella opened the door to see Isabella on the other side.

"What do you want, Bella?" Daniella asked.

"I, um, I wanted to give you this." She spoke holding her hand out to Daniella.

    Daniella furrowed her eyebrows and held her hand out for Isabella. Isabella dropped the object into Daniella's hand, then pulled her hand back and shoved them both back into her pockets. Daniella looked at her hand to see a key.

"I thought that we could share it. Ya know? I mean I'm always forgetting where I put things. So, I figured that if we shared then-" Daniella cut Isabella off by wrapping her arms around her twin sister. Isabella hugged her back, surprised by the sudden affection from her sister.

"Thank you, Bella." Daniella spoke softly. She pulled away from her twin with a smile and wiped a few fallen tears away. They both went back to their own rooms and got in bed getting prepared for their first day at a new school. Daniella, for some reason, felt that tomorrow was going to be one very eventful day.