Chapter Seven: The Accident

Its been a few days since the Cullen's had been to school. Dani knew it was because of her. She freaked Jasper out and he most likely told his siblings about what happened. Dani sighed her sleep was minimal those few days. She would catch herself drifting away in the middle of her lessons at school. She even missed an entire History lesson once.

    Daniella was distracted, but no one noticed really. Because no one cared enough to pay attention. Bella was getting moodier as well. But Dani didn't know if it was her fault, or if it was because she was just as upset about the Cullen's disappearance as she was.

    Dani woke up the next morning dreading the idea of going to school, and it was only her lack of sleep that made her feel so biter about having to lug her way through the day once again. But she got up and did her usual routine and got ready, but she was stumped on what to wear. She decided on jean shorts with tights underneath, you have to stay dress code appropriate, right? She tied her flannel around her waist and had a white graphic tee on to match. She pulled on her leather jacket and black combat boots and she was done. She picked up her backpack and left her room, heading straight for the kitchen. She grabbed her usual, an apple and a water, and then made her way to the truck to wait for Bella once again.

    When they made it to school, Dani's eyes caught the beauty of the Cullen's from across the parking lot. It took her a second to realize Bella had gotten out already. Dani climbed out from the truck and sighed to herself.

"God, you freak. Just stare at them why don't you." Dani mummbled to herself as she slammed the door and leaned against it laying her head against the window of the truck. Her eyes shut and she felt the miserable, familiarity of her depression seep into her. She quickly pulled herself off of the truck an bolted for the entrance of the school, trying to run away from her own feelings. She did that quite often, as well.

~•~

    Daniella did her best to avoid the Cullen's that day, but the one class she couldn't get away with it in was history. Jasper was sat next to her as usual, but there was a tension between them that hadn't been there before. She noticed it and she was sure that Jasper noticed it too. They were quite and stiff next to one another and, unwillingly, Dani started to drift. Her emotions following her as she went. Dani didn't notice that she drifted, nor did she notice the subtle shift of her hand to her arm as she started to flick the rubber band onto her wrist.

    Dani's wrist was already a bright red by the time Jasper's attention was captured by her. His eyes widened at the state Daniella was currently in. She wasn't mentally there and he knew it. He knew because he had seen it before. In Art class.

    Jasper concentrated on Dani and her emotions.

Pain

Sadness

Anxiety

Embarrassment

And...fright?

    Jasper was as confused as he ever could have been, but all he knew was that he had to get her back into her own head. He sent out a wave of calmness and relaxation trying to get her back. He saw her eyebrows come together in confusion as her hand flinched but continued. He couldn't take it anymore so he looked around to see if anyone was paying attention to them, only to see their eyes connected to the TV screen, or heads down asleep on the desks.

    Jasper quietly scooted closer to Dani and grabbed her hand holding it in his tightly but not to tight. This knocked her out of her dazed stated and she was so frightened that she was about to scream, but she suddenly felt the immense sense of calm and relaxation hit her as she looking into Jasper's worried eyes.