Chapter Eighteen: The First 'I Love You'

*Please read the A/N at the end please! Thank you my lovelies♡
                           - xoxo Jaye

    Once they arrived at the Cullen's home, Jasper and Daniella parted from each other in the car. Jasper was at her door in a flash as he helped her out and guided her toward the front door with Bella and Edward following behind them. But as they opened the door, they see Laurent at the base of the staircase standing with Carlisle. They immediately take a defensive position in front of the twins, protecting them from any harm that was to come.

"He came to warn us about James." Carlisle was quick to diffuse the situation, causing Jasper and Edward to back down and listen to the red eyed vampire.

"I have grown tired of his games." Laurent started, "But he's got unparalleled senses. He's absolutely lethal. I have never seen anything like him in my three hundred years.. and the woman, Victoria, she will follow his lead. Do not underestimate her." He warned them. He then looked to Jasper and Edward specifically. "I truly apologize for what has been unleashed here."

    After he had left, the family guided Dani and Bella into their garage. The familiar Silver Volvo sat amongst the three other pristine cars. A red BMW, a black Mercedes sadan, and an SUV. Everyone had spung into action, gathering thing they needed for their travel. Everyone but Rosalie, Dani, and Bella. Dani and Bella watched nervously as everyone ran around frantically to leave as soon as possible.

"I've had to fight our kind before." Jasper suddenly spoke, glancing to Dani every once in a while to reassure himself that she was there and okay, "We're hard to kill."

"But not impossible. We will tear him apart and burn the pieces. Whatever it takes." Edward responded, Jasper didn't hesitate to agree.

"I don't support killing another creature. Even a sadistic, monster like James." Carlisle announced.

"If he doesn't get to one of us first." Rosalie commented, sitting on a counter. Daniella suddenly realizes that this was dangerous for all of them. Not just her and Bella.

"Wait a minute. This isn't what I want. What we want. You cannot put yourselves in danger like this. Especially for us." She declared.

"Too little too late, princess." Rosalie growled. Jasper shot Rosalie a look, before throwing keys to Carlisle.

"Me and Jasper will run the girls south. While you guys lead the tracker away." Edward started.

"No. James knows you two wouldn't leave them. He'll follow you as soon as we leave." Carlisle responded.

"I'm not leaving Daniella." Jasper glared at Dr. Cullen. Alice stepped forward and spoke.

"I'll take them. I'll drive them south." She spoke, looking at the conflicted boys in front of her. "I'll keep them safe."

"Can you keep your doubt to yourself?" Jasper asked, his face showed his frustration. Alice nodded, a small yes leaving her lips and looked to Jasper. His face showed how much he wanted to stay with Daniella. However, he knew he had to do this to keep her safe. So he handed the keys over to Alice.

"I can't lose her again, Alice." Jasper's voice was filled with pain. Alice nodded, an unspoken promise to try her hardest.

    Edward opened Bella and Dani's bags pulling out clothes and throwing them to Esme and Rosalie.

"Put those on. He'll pick up their scents from them." Edward announced. Rosalie dropped Bella's jacket to the floor carelessly. 

"Why should I? What are they to me anyway? They're just the reason we're all in danger." Rosalie growled.