Chapter Twenty-One: The Prom

Nervous: anxious or apprehensive (of a feeling or reaction) resulting from anxiety or anticipation.

    Daniella sat at her bedroom vanity, looking at herself in the oval shaped mirror. The dress she wore was fitting, red and beautiful. Alice picked it out, more like she forced the dress into Daniella's arms a week ago.

*Flashback*

    The morning was normal as Daniella leaned against the truck she shared with her sister. However, Bella had gotten a ride from Edward this morning, so the truck was all hers for the day.

    The sound of the parking lot quieting down in the slightest was what caught the attention of the dark haired teen. Dani looked over to see the Cullen's getting out of their sleek, expensive cars. She watched as Alice spoke sternly with Jasper, holding a dress bag in her arms.

    Alice still had Dani on edge. Daniella knew that Jasper wanted to be with her and only her. He had told her before that Alice and him were only friends. That they had only ever been friends. But there was still this nagging feeling that, if things were different, he would be with her and they would be happy. Together. It broke her heart that she wasn't even close to how beautiful Alice was and Jasper deserved to be with someone as beautiful as her.

    Daniella's eyes fluttered over each of the Cullen's faces before they landed on a certain bronze-brunette with his arm around her sister, Bella's, waist. His eyes held sympathy as they looked into Daniella's. Her eyes widened slightly as she realized he had heard what she was thinking. She had let her walls down because they were so far away, but she had forgotten that it didn't matter, for Edward's ability could reach farther that just across the parking lot.

    Daniella sighed as she shut her eyes momentarily in disbelief. How could she have forgotten? When she opened her eyes, her breath got caught in her throat as she gasped, jumping slightly. Alice was standing in front of her with a smile on her face.

"Damn it, Alice! Warn a girl would you!" Daniella spoke, a hand raised to her chest from the scare. "God, you're a Vampire, Alice. You're stealthy. At least say hi so I won't die of a heart attack next time." Daniella whisper yelled at the pixie like girl. She sighed sadly as Alice laughed. Even her laugh was perfect.

"Sorry, Dani. I just wanted to give you your dress for prom." Alice spoke as she extended her arms out, holding the dress bag out for Daniella.

"Prom?" Dani asked raising an eyebrow in question. "I'm not going to prom, Alice." Daniella laughed slightly as she responded to the Cullen.

"You are totally going to prom!" Alice spoke with slight disbelief in her voice. "Come on, Dani! Please! I promise you'll have a good time with Jasper." She had a slight smirk on her lips as she shook the dress between them. Daniella sighed as she leaned against the door of the car once again.

"Why...Why don't you go in-in my place?" Daniella asked, shrugging her shoulders as she looked down and played with the strap of her crossbody bag. She heard the sigh come from Alice, making her look back up at the small girls face.

"I thought Jasper talked to you about this." Alice's frown was evident on her face. Even when she was upset she was beautiful. Tears welled up in Daniella's eyes as she looked at Alice then back down.

"Can you blame me, Alice? God," Dani said, looking back to the vampire in front of her, "You're beautiful, Alice. Perfect even and me? I'm average. He deserves so much more than what I can give him. You'd make him laugh. You can keep up with him. You can be everything he's looking for. If I was never around, tell me, who do you think he would be with?" Daniella sniffed, quickly wiping away a tear that had fallen. Alice shook her head and pushed the dress bag into Daniella's arms before laying her hands on Dani's shoulder, looking into her eyes to get her point across.