Chapter Four: The Dirty-Blonde

After lunch ended, Dani made her way to her History class. Dani loved History. The class seemed to calm her in ways that she didn't really understand. Just the way that it threw Dani into that time period made her greatful. Mostly because it took her away from her reality for ninety minutes a day.

    As she walked into her History class, a little late as well because Dani couldn't find the class, she noticed a familiar head of curly, blonde hair and golden-brown eyes that were staring into her soul. But, Dani turned away. Remembering Alice and how Jessica told her that they were most likely together. Dani lifted her head, not letting a random boy destroy the persona she was making for herself.

    Dani walked over to the teacher's desk, handing the 'new kid' papers to the teacher. He tried to make conversation with her, but she just rolled her eyes and made her way to the back of the room and sat at a seat near the windows. She didn't even notice who she had sat next to.

    Jasper Hale.

    Jasper watched as Daniella entered the room. He could smell her coming from all the way down the hall. They made eye contact for only a few seconds before she turned away. Jasper was suprised by the action. The Cullen's were always watched. Eyes trailing after them daily. Never being able to turn away from the beauty of the family. So, Dani peeked the blonde's curiosity almost instantly.

    He watched as the brunette made her way to the teacher's desk with less vulnerability than he has seen in her just mear seconds before. He saw the attempt of conversation from the teacher and the blatant disregard he received from Daniella. It somehow gave Jasper a sense of pride seeing the individuality and attitude of the younger girl.

    As Daniella made her way closer to him, Jasper had to hold his breath. The intoxicating smell of Dani making his head swirl with need and his throat constrict with thirst. Jasper calmed himself and continued looking at Dani. He couldn't bring himself to look away from the beautiful girl that had sat next to him.

    Jasper could feel the emotions radiating off of the brunette and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He looked down at his desk and deciphered each emotion from her.

Anxiety

Self-consciousness

Discomfort

Sadness

...Depression

and...Pain?

    Jasper looked at the girl to see her starting at her pale wrist. Deep in thought as she trased the lines of her veins. The thought of the blood rushing through her veins made him shift uncomfortably in his seat and tighten the hold he had on the pencil in his hand.

    He watched the frown deepen, the discomfort intensified and his furrowed brows increase immensely. He was confused and was about to ask why, until they were both violently pulled from their thoughts by the sudden clap of hands from the teacher, Mr. Burns, at the front of the classroom.

"Alright everyone! Today we're going to start learning about the Civil War. Now, I know it's a very unusual place to being a class but it's just for this week. Seeing as it's the beginning of the school year. I figured why not start with something we can all find interesting." Jasper sighed to himself, his knowledge of the subject far more then what he would like.

    His thoughts were lost suddenly, when he noticed a shift in the emotions coming from Daniella.

Interest

Adventure

Happiness

And..relief.

    It was then Jasper realized that History must have been some kind of distraction or a get away for Daniella. Something that comforted her from her demons. Jasper had never taken such notice of a person before, but for some reason, unknown to him, his attention was captured by the beautiful brunette beside him, and Jasper doesn't think he has the slightest chance of breaking free from his captor this time.