Chapter Twenty-Two: The Visions

Flashes of the past, unbearable pain, and endless suffering. It was all Daniella could feel. Every memory of her past and each different way she had died was all she was able to see.

    But she had never felt anything before.

    Every vision she had in the past, she could see and hear, but she couldn't actually feel anything. Not like this anyway.

*Daniella's Flashback as Ella Grace Richards (Past Life)*

    It was around the middle of summer, when Ella decided to go to town. The sun was starting  to set in the sky, horses being rode up and down the dirt path leading into town. Her hat blocked out the rays of the tortuous sun and it shone across her small hometown.

    She wasn't really sure why she was going towards the little place, but Daniella couldn't control much in this vision. Her feet had taken her to a couple different stores as she shopped around for food and Dani realised Ella must have had to go grocery shopping that day.

    As she walked out of the little store, she could hear the sounds of panic and terror. Watching as the darkening streets began to fill with running towns folk. Dani didn't understand what was happening and, apparently, the body she was in didn't either, but she found herself asking for help. Trying to find out what was happening but, to no avail, she was left unanswered. Until the glowing orange color began to spread closer to the side of town she was in.

    Fire. Untamed, burning flames traveled quickly through the small town and destroyed anything standing in its way. It was a definite force to be reckoned with.

    She was abruptly knocked out of her thoughts as a hand grabbed her by her hair, her hat long forgotten next to the fallen groceries on the ground. Daniella screamed as she was dragged away from the people of her town by her hair. She could feel all of it this time. The sting of her hair being pulled at, the scrapping of the dirt on her legs and body, even the kicks of the mans feet into her back as he hauled her god knows where.

"Let me go! What are you doing?! What do you want from me?!!" She yelled.

"What's wrong, Ella?" He teased, "Not so tough now are ya! Where's the attitude you had a week ago? Huh?" He yelled throwing her into the bed of a carriage, "When you disrespected me by wearing jeans and riding that horse like only a man should do." He kicked her in the stomach causing the breath to leave her on impact.

"S-stop! Please...please. Stop!!" 'Ella' (Daniella) had begged. She knew how this would end. He was the towns drunk, but he was also the blacksmith and good with fire as well.

"Ya beg now? You should have been begging for my forgiveness the minute you came into town on that damn horse of yours." His voice was dark as he wrapped his hands around her neck. Her eyes widened and she struggled underneath him. Her gasps for a breath was all she could do and she scratched at the mans hands. "You won't be disrespecting me anymore."

"St...stop." She tried to get him off of her, but her fighting was nothing compared to his strength.

    Her eyes became splotchy with dark spots as her struggling became weaker. All she could see was the smirk on his face as the life drained from her eyes...

~•~

*Daniella's Flashback As Mia (Past Life)*

    The scene changed quickly as she was suddenly in a completely different place. The forest. Tears were escaping her eyes quickly as she ran trying to get away from an unknown evil.