Chapter Nineteen: The Bite

She had never given much thought to how she would die...But dying in the place of someone she loved...it seemed like the best way to go.

    Daniella couldn't bring herself to regret the decisions she had made to bring herself to this point, faced with death.

    Because they had also brought her to Jasper...

"Dani? Bella? Where are you?!" 

    Renee's distraught voice could be heard from where the girls stood, just inside of the familiar ballet studio. The room was grand, empty, but filled to the top with mirrors. As they cautiously entered the dark room, they heard the sound of their mother's voice once again.

"Dani, where are you!? Bella!"

    The twins spun around, trying to find the owner of the motherly voice. Slowly, they followed the sound to a supply closet. Daniella threw open the door only to find a TV, a video, showing two seven year old girls huddled together in that very closet, ten years ago.

"There you are. What are you two doing in there?" Renee had asked. Young Daniella looked up, sadness evident on her face.

"Everyone makes fun of me.." Daniella muttered sadly. A young Isabella nods in agreement.

"Oh, but girls you two are beautiful dancers." Renee responded.

"Mom, we suck!" Younger Bella spoke. Daniella remembered the video, she never went back to the studio. She decided to take up music instead because she had been made fun of so much for her dancing.

    A sudden, bone chilling laughter could be heard from within the room behind the two girls. They turned around quickly, trying to spot James in any of the mirrors in the room.

"Ah, that is my favorite part. Stubborn children, weren't you two?" James said. Daniella was surprisingly filled with relief, knowing that their mother was safe and away from the Tracker.

"She's not even here." Bella stated, a slight rage in her voice.

"Sorry, girls. You really made this too easy." James' smirk was clear in his tone. He was then visible in the mirror, a playfully disappointed looked was on his face as he sighed. In a flash, he had them both pinned against the wall as he shoved a camera in their faces.

"Why don't we make this a little more entertaining, huh? We're going to make a little film of our own. Hope you don't mind, Daniella. Borrowed this from your house." James' look was devilish as he turned on the handheld camera, Daniella had received it from Renee the summer of her 8th grade year. It was to 'document her high school experience', but Dani forgot it that night they had left for Forks. "And...Action!" James whispered to them.

    He was close to Daniella's face with the camera, taunting her with a smirk plastered to his face. His other hand reached out to move a piece of hair out of her face. Dani turned her head away at the touch, an idea popping into her head. As he moved to look at Bella, shoving the camera in her face, teasing her about Edward, Daniella slowly got the pepper spray from her back pocket it was the one Charlie had given her.

    James moved back to look at the twins in front of him. Dani took the moment and sprayed him in the face with the pepper spray. While James cried out in pain, Dani grabbed her sister by the wrist and pulled her toward the door. The were so close to getting away, but James was suddenly right in front of them.

"Ah, an escape attempt. This will just break Jasper and Edward's heart." He was gone in a flash, the sudden feel of her hair being moved away from her neck made her freeze. James' finger tips grazed gently down her throat.