Chapter Twenty: The Hospital

Death? It's peaceful. Easy.

    Daniella was leaving. She was fading away. Until a hand shot out from the darkness, grabbing her own, pulling her back. It was Jasper. He had saved her. A sudden bright light flashed, bringing her back from the dark.

    But life...life is harder.

    Daniella's eyes shot open as she gasped softly. She squinted at the bright lights of the hospital room she was in. Her hand reached up feeling the tube of the nasal cannula feeding oxygen in through her nose. Daniella's brows scrunched together at the uncomfortable feeling.

    Before she could pull out the tube, a hand pulled her own away. Dani looked over and saw the tired face of her mother, Renee.

"Mom?" Daniella's voice was soft and raw from not being used for so long.

"You're awake! Oh god, your awake." Renee spoke, her voice was filled with relief. Dani was bandaged up from the cuts of the broken mirrors. Her wrist was in a cast, surely broken from the force of James' grip. Daniella was in bad shape and she knew that the minute she shuffled on the bed. Her entire body flared up in pain, and bruises littered her skin from head to toe.

"Jazz?" Daniella's disoriented voice asked, looking to her mother in question, "Where's Jasper?" She mumbed, trying to sit up fully in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

"Hey, don't move around to much. He's in the hall with the rest of the Cullen's. They never leave, ya know." She spoke, seemingly guilty of the fact. Dani sighed relaxing down into the bed as she listened to her mother's continued explanation. "Bella's in the hall with them and your father is in the Cafeteria." She concluded. Daniella was confused as she looked at her mother. Bella was okay? She was discharged? How long has it been since...James?

"How...What-what happend?" Dani asked, tilting her head questioningly at her mother.

"You were at a hotel when Bella caught up to you. She was trying so hard to talk you back into going to Forks. You both fell...down two flights of stairs and through a window. You were almost gone Daniella." Renee sniffled, "They say you hit your head multiple times. That-that your brain was beginning to swell up. Daniella, they had to put you into a coma so you could heal." She let out a few tears. Dani was quick to wipe them away, tears of her own forming as she realized the extreme of the situation.

"How long..?" Daniella asked.

"Danie-" Her mothers tone was hesitant. Dani cut her off before she could finish.

"Mom. How long?" She asked, her stubborn personality unwavering. Renee was quiet for a second before she looked up to her daughter. A bandage wrapped around her head and one on the crook of her neck. Bruises scattered around the visible areas of her body, as well as the non-visible. Small cuts here and there and a cast around her broken wrist. It tore her heart apart to see her so broken and laying in the uncomfortable hospital bed. After a long moment of silence, Renee sighed and responded.

"Two and a half weeks..."

    Dani let out a breath of disbelief. Two and a half weeks? Had it really been that long? She layed her head back down on the pillow and thought over everything that happened, she knew that what her mother was telling her was a cover story. So she did her best to go along with it.

"Sounds like us, huh?" Daniella muttered, shutting her eyes momentarily. They opened at the sound of Renee's phone beeping.

"Phil's been worried about you two. He feels terrible, but he just got signed to the Suns." Renee was happy, and Dani wouldn't have it any other way.