Chapter Eight: The Greenhouse

It was a few days later and the school decided to go on a field trip. Dani was blankly staring at the buses as she waited for Bella to get done talking to Mike. She heard something about prom and it caught her attention. When she looked to Mike her sight floated over his shoulder and to the porcelain skinned siblings crowded against one of the buses.

Daniella's gaze connected with Jasper's. His face, as usual, was emotionless and he seemed stiff and focused, as his eyebrows creased. Like he was trying to figure something out in his head. However, Dani stayed blank. Numb enough to dial her emotions down to almost nothing. She was depressed and she knew it. He was her breaking point.

What she was doing went against every single aspect of the plan she'd made before stepping foot into Forks. She was supposed to keep up a wall, not let anyone in, don't let any real emotions out..but then..she saw him. Her eyes meeting those golden-brown ones from across the room. And suddenly everything changed for her. A wall fell..and after that...an avalanche.

Daniella ripped her gaze away from him and looked over to Bella to see her staring at the same group. Dani rolled her eyes and shoved Isabella with her shoulder.

"Let's get on the bus before something else regrettable happens." Dani spoke making her way toward the buses, not missing the suprised expression on the dirty-blonde's face.

~•~

They were walking through the greenhouse and Bella informed Dani about the 'trip to Jacksonville' they were taking. Which was really just an excuse to get out of going to prom with Mike, and Daniella knew that from the beginning. As much as Bella did ballet as a child, her coordination was always horrible. She hated the dancing part of prom almost as much as Dani hated the dressing up part of prom.

Dani was suddenly pushed back as the boys in front of her were horsing around with the compost tea. Don't mistake that for a drink. It'll be one of the worst experiences of your life if you do.

Daniella glared at the two laughing teens infront of her, but before she could say anything she was lightly dragged away from them and forward with the rest of the tour. She knew who it was the minute their hand touched her arm. The chilling touch of his cold hand was somewhat comforting to her. She distanced herself from him before she heard him speak.

"What did you mean?" He asked her. Daniella was confused. What did she mean, when? She doesn't remember anything he could have overheard or known about.

"What?" She asked, her voice monotone and blunt. Her tone sent an unexpected chill through Jasper. He hates that he's the reason for it.

"What did you mean by 'something else regrettable happening'?" Jasper asked softly watching Daniella's blank face intently.

"How did you hear about that?" Daniella asked, looking at Jasper with furrowed eyebrows.

"You didn't answer my question." Jasper said quickly. Dani stopped and turned to him.

"Well, you never answer any of mine either." She spit her words, looking him straight in the eyes. "What happened with the van?" She said, ignoring the other students walking around them.

"Adrenaline rush. It happens to a lot of people." Daniella didn't buy it. She rolled her eyes and turned walking toward the rest of the group.

"Conversations with you, apparently. That's what's regrettable." As she walked she tripped over one of the irrigation hoses. Jasper was quick to steady her, catching a suddenly overwhelming amount of her scent. It was still just as powerful as the first time he'd smelt it.

Jasper had gotten used to holding his breath around Dani, not that it was needed for him anyway, for her protection from him. However, he wasn't paying attention now, and his senses were overpowered by the intoxicating smell of the beautiful brunette infront of him.

His voice came out cold and stern. "Could you watch were you put your feet? It might help you in the future." Jasper's words dripped with venom as he continued to walk beside her. Daniella was confused about what had happened and what had gotten him so agitated, but did she even bother to ask? No, because she figured the response was going to be another lie.

"We shouldn't be friends, Daniella." Jasper finally breathed out. Daniella's heart dropped at the sentence. Her chest suddenly tight with emotion that she wouldn't let out. Not now, and not here.

Daniella scoffed and shook her head the blank look back on her face like a mask to hide away from the rest of the world.

"Well, I guess that's that then, huh?" She said shrugging her shoulders. "You know, why didn't you just let the van crush me. Save you all this..this regret you have about it?" Daniella asked shoving past him to make her way back outside and toward the buses.

"You think I regret saving you?" Jasper asked, his tone completely furious.

"Oh, I know that you do." Daniella laughed bitterly as she looked up at Jasper's angry expression.

"You..you don't know anything, you got that?" Jasper's anger stung Daniella like a slap to the face.

"The bus is about to leave. Is she riding with us then?" Alice asked, her voice bright like sunshine, her petite frame appealing to everyone around. Dani envied her.

"No, she's not." Dani said as she sped up and climbed on the other bus, sitting down in the back seat. As she looked out the window she saw Isabella with a hurt look as Edward climbed onto their bus. Bella made her way to the backseat that Daniella had just gotten into.

Daniella saw the way Alice had glared at Jasper and continued to fuss at him and Edward as they sat down in their seats. Dani couldn't hold back the tears that were begging to be let loose, much longer. Her blank facade failing her at the worst moment.

She suddenly felt as if she was drowning in her own emotions. She had locked them away for to long and now she was going to regret it. As the panic attack began to set in, she looked out the window trying to find something to distract her long enough for them to get home.

Her eyes caught those oh so familiar golden-brown ones. Except now, they were filled will worry and guilt. His normal emotionless expression was completely gone as he focused on Daniella.

He could feel her emotions again. All of them. They were crashing into him like the waves of an ocean durning the strongest storm in History. He could only imagine what she was feeling. Jasper immediately sent out a claming and relaxing emotion, radiating it as far as he could to somehow get it to Daniella. When he saw her let out a breath and her eyes close and relax. She slumped down into her seat feeling an enormous amount of relief.

"W-what was that?" Rosalie asked, eyebrows furrowed in question. Jasper looked over to see his siblings watching him. Each of them with equally confused, yet calm demeanors.

"What was what?" He asked. He thought he only sent the emotion to Daniella. But he was suddenly thinking that he did a little more then that.

"You just..you sent out relaxation, Jasper. To everyone." Alice spoke quietly. She was looking at him with a concerned face. "What happened?"

Jasper sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to work his way around this one. "She was panicking. Her emotions were flooding out and they were to much for her and for me. I had to help her." Jasper said, his gaze drifting back out the window to see Dani asleep leaning against her own window of the other bus. "I had to."

A/N:
How are you guys liking the book?

If there are any mistakes or something doesn't add up (make sense) just comment and I'll try my best to reply and explain what I can.

-xoxo Jaye