Chapter Fifteen: The Major

A/N: Hey my lovelies! I'm going to try and make this story a little bit different, however, I will still use scenes that are important to the Twilight Saga storyline. If you don't like the way I'm going with this plot let me know how you feel about it all and I can explain my reasoning. Thanks guys!

P.S. To make up for my sudden absence (semi explained at end of Chapter) this chapter in a longer one then my usual 2-3 thousand words. Word count: 4690
                             -xoxo Jaye

    Soon after everything calmed down, Jasper and Daniella were left in his room alone once again. Dani sighed as she sat on the couch next to the wall of windows, the embarrassment still evident in her emotions. Jasper moved closer to her and cautiously moved a piece of fallen hair away from her face and back behind her ear.

    Daniella's eyes connected with Jasper's as she smiled softly. She was oblivious to the emotions of Jasper, only able to see the faintest spark of something in his eyes. Jasper, however, was able to feel what she was at the moment. Daniella was relaxed enough and had opened up to the pale skinned immortal. He could feel the immense amounts of embarrassment and he smiled gently. Jasper wrapped and arm around Daniella's shoulders pulled her closer to him so she would be laying on his chest as his body rested against the back of the couch.

"What is bothering you, my love?" Jasper southern drawl, prominent as ever. Daniella was blushing once again, but sighed and provided an answer to the question she was asked.

"Why'd she have to bring up Major?" Daniella mumbled hiding her face in his chest as the flush of her face refused to subside. Jasper's smile was like one that he hadn't used in years. As he gently traced shapes on Dani's hip, he ignored the question and asked one of his own.

"Why are you so upset about it being brought up?" Jasper asked, his nose nudging into her hair.

"Who wouldn't be? I have a Teddy bear that I named Major when I was 16 because of a-" Daniella stopped herself as her vision blured for a second before it came back. She was forced to relive the first time this had happened.

*Flashback*

    She was fifteen, walking down the stairs of her childhood home in Phoenix, Arizona. Bella was calling her down for school. The girls were running late because the alarm clock didn't go off this morning. Dani was about half way down the stairs when her sight was taken from her. It was instead replaced by a thick blur before she saw something, and it definitely wasn't her stairwell anymore.

    She could see horses, old fashioned carriages and the clothing of the 19th century. It was beautiful and Daniella loved everything about it. History was one of her most loved subjects. Suddenly, to Daniella, it felt as if she was there living and breathing in the air of the foriegn era. The sight of the new world she was viewing was clear, bright and as hot as the southern sun on a summer's day.

"Major!" Daniella heard someone yell. She turned quickly seeing a silhouette of a man on a horse as the sun blared into her eyes, her hand reaching up to block out what little of it she could. She watched as the so called 'Major' turned toward her. Their eyes locked on each other's immediately and it then seemed as though time had slowed. As if the only thing for miles of Daniella was the owner of those beautiful, emerald-green eyes.

    But then his eyes left hers as he pulled on the reigns of the horse, causing the horse to gallop in the direction of Daniella herself. She thought the horse would run straight into her, but instead it flew right past her. Making Dani's hair, now a dirty-blonde color, fly back from her face and her hat, that hadn't been there before she fell into this new world, about fly away with the sheer force of the wind from the speeding horseman.