Chapter 22 - Italian moron

The suite was simply perfect. The most appropriate term would have been to call it a penthouse or a huge condo but those were just details. When Taylor and I booked it, we were pretty satisfied with the services offered and the pictures.

But being here was a completely different story and Taylor didn't waste any time in making it our new home. She was bossing those staff members around as if they were her own and not a single piece of our belongings remained in the suitcases. I didn't even know where she'd stored those by the way.

"You know what I love the most about Europe?", Taylor asked as she stepped on the terrace, holding a sort of picnic basket. She set it on the little coffee table that was between our deckchairs and took a seat on her own.

"Let me guess. The cuisine", I said confidently and watched closely as she opened the basket and took hold of something.

"Alcohol is completely legal!", she exclaimed excitedly and branded a bottle of tequila as if it was her most precious trophee. I obviously burst out laughing and bent over to check the inside of the basket, only to find plenty of bottles of all types of alcohol.

"How did you manage to get all that?", I asked between my giggles and grabbed the first bottle in view which was vodka. I put it on the table and checked the next one. Champagne. Loved it.

"I complained to the reception, said it was totally unprofessional of them to welcome their customers without anything to eat or drink and they brought me all that for free", she explained proudly and I legit gasped in admiration.

"You did that on purpose?", I asked amusedly.

" I know. I'm a genius", she said in a fake conceited voice and squealed excitedly while shaking the bottle like a kid. She was so adorable. "So, where do you wanna start?", she asked enthusiastically and looked at me with her irresistible and expectant eyes that I could never say no to.

But this time I had to.

"Are you crazy? We're expected at the museum in two hours. We can't get drunk right now!"

"Oh, come on! You hate history", she whined beggingly.

"Still! Do you realize-"

"Brooklyn, the guide is going to bore us out in two minutes. Might as well make the experience interesting", she cut me off and shrugged nonchalantly.

"What about our moms? And the other visitors?", I asked knitting my eyebrows.

"Trust me, we're gonna make their day brighter", she said confidently and cracked the bottle open before taking a swing.

I watched as the liquid flew down my girlfriend's throat at light speed and got both worried and impressed by her performance. In one quick panicked action, I jumped on the bottle to take it from her and sat back on my deckchair. I lifted the bottle to check the level and my jaw fell to the ground at the sight of how much Taylor had drunk. Was she crazy?

I looked back into the eyes of my girlfriend and when I met them, I knew this day would be legendary. I focused my attention back on the bottle in my hand and in that moment, the only thing that went through my mind was 'fuck it'.

________________________________

"

Did he just say the guy's name is Moron?", I whispered in Taylor's ear and shifted my head so she could whisper in mine in return.

"No, it's Moroni. It's just like a moron but with i at the end to make it more Italian. He's an Italian moron", she explained but said the last part a little loud considering the death glares we received from our mothers.