Courting

The Kingdom of Salem was much similar to Harlem, village and town wise. There was a country side complete with animals and small shacks housing families. The town was bustling with shops and working class people. But once you passed through the country and through the town, you start to see much nicer homes. Larger homes housing far wealthier residents. That's what made it different from Harlem and any other kingdom. For Salem was the richest of all the kingdoms in the country.

The carriage rode through the expensive neighborhood of mansions, (Y/n)'s eyes glistening in the sun watching them go by. She'd never seen such homes. William was content with seeing her fascination, looking at her with a small smile and caring eyes.

Little did he know, his father was closely eyeing the pair with a stern expression.

Finally they reached the castle. It was much more larger and opulent looking compared to William's home which was more Victorian-like. There was a a long oblong pool-like fountain stretching to the front doors. Once their carriage's reached the front they exited.

(Y/n) hurried to where the other workers were and began helping with the luggage in the back, but William came by. Resting a hand on hers and offering assistance.

"Oh, no. It's fine, William." She took a suitcase from his hands to hold the item while also trying to mask the fact that she was struggling.

He shook his head kindly and took his bag back. "Please. Let me help."

Finally the girl gave in with a shy nod. She and the prince held some of his luggage and headed through the open doors where the king already stood, being greeted by royal staff while his luggage was taken by the castle servants.

William and (Y/n) set the luggage down along with the rest, letting it be taken away. The girl looked around happily at the new environment. It gave her some clues as to how Prince Elliot lived. So far, she assumed that the far-from-poor young man might've been prevented from brushing his own teeth. There were so many servants and the interior was so vast, with so many exotic plants and pictures decorating to foyer. There was even a fountain indoors!

The female felt her arm being gripped somewhat firmly. The next thing she knew William's deep voice was in her ear. "Do not leave my side for any reason, understand? You are to stay with me and me only, (Y/n)." He retracted his arm, letting her be and she nodded. The way he said that made her uneasy.

King Spencer, Elliot's father, eventually entered the entrance way to greet the king. 6 of his servants were following him and he was smiling.

"It's about time you showed up, Maurice." The king began jokingly, brotherly embracing the other man. "You know how many antsy women are waiting in there? I swear they were ready to attack me if I told them to wait another second."

"I'm sure you could handle it. There can't be that many."

"Come see for yourself." King Spencer gestured them into his home welcomely.

The king turned back to his son and waved his hand for him to come. William gave one glance to (Y/n) and she followed as he slowly stepped away. They headed down a wide corridor, the two leaders walking further ahead of William and (Y/n). They walked silently, the Prince staying very close to the girl.

She cleared her throat. "William, if I may ask. What exactly are you here for?" The question arose after she heard the two king's discussing women.