A tragic turn of events

Elliot was waiting patiently for (Y/n) to return. Having stayed on the bench in the ballroom since she'd gone. Looking up to the doorway every so often hoping to see her walk in.

After sometime, he grew tired waiting so long and decided he ought to look for her. Just to ensure nobody else was taking up her time.

He made way to leave when he heard someone enter the ballroom. The sound of footsteps on the marble floor causing his head to perk up eagerly.

That eagerness was diminished rather quickly upon seeing who it actually was.

"What are you doing?" Ezra had waltzed into the area ever so casually. The tall blond nonchalantly approaching Elliot where he sat on the bench.

Elliot sighed to himself and slouched back down into his seat as Ezra came and stood in front of him.

"Can I sit with you?" He then asked

Elliot prepared to refuse. "No, I'm-"

But Ezra sat down anyway without listening for his answer. Sighing as though he were exhausted and this was the first break he'd had all day.

Elliot began to bounce his leg up and down. Growing anxious at the thought that (Y/n) would come and Ezra would swoop in and take her away. This meant he'd either have to get rid of the boy now or leave and hope to intercept the girl on her way to the ballroom.

While he was silently mulling over his options, Ezra began speaking beside him. "I've been feeling unusually tired these last few weeks. But it's only now hitting me, I feel like I could just sleep for days in this spot." He shut his eyes and rested his head against the wall behind them. Taking a second to breath. "How about you? Do you ever get like that?" He questioned.

"No. Did you need something from me?" Elliot was quick to say.

"Can I not just sit down and catch up with an old friend?"

"We're not friends."

"Elliot. We played at each other's homes when we were younger, you can't say we never gotten along." He nudged the boy with his elbow. But Elliot remained agitated with his presence.

"Look, if you don't need anything then can you kindly go away." The dark haired young man said keeping his eyes on the entrance.

The blond's eyes followed Elliot's own stare which landed on the empty doorway. He was waiting for someone. Ezra sighed once again knowing who he was expecting.

"The stress of young love. I remember when I first felt that way towards someone." He leaned forward and rested his chin on his hand, still staring longingly at the doorway. "It's joy for the times that they're with you. It's insane that another person could make you feel that way. It causes you to question everything you've ever known. And then, when they're gone, you think they may never come back. And then one day they don't. So you spend your days looking, waiting for that same feeling to come, then out of nowhere... You find it again in someone new." He blankly stared off as his mind filled with fond memories from his times with (Y/n). From the moment they met that night at that party, until the most recent time he saw her. "And it's the best feeling on earth."

There was a long pause of silence as Elliot looked questionably at him. "...What the hell are you talking about?"

Ezra abruptly sat upright and chuckled lightheartedly with a shrugged. "I'm just feeling nostalgic I guess." He then stood and stretched. A sly smirk on his face as he prepared to do something that would annoy the dark haired boy. "Anyway, have you seen (Y/n)?

Elliot looked up at him appearing unamused. "Why would I tell you if I have?"

"Because you want us to be happy." The blond spoke heedlessly in order to get some reaction from the boy.