A cup of tea

"Oh!..."

(Y/n) retracted her hand. Surprised to see William's date staring her in the face.

They were in an open area of the castle with lots of windows. Moonlight dimly making it visible to see a faint purplish bruise on her cheek which was the result of William striking her.

Her eyes were wide and brows creased with, her chest moving up and down as she breathed heavily. (Y/n) wasn't able to tell if she was angry or scared, all she knew was the girl did not once break eye contact.

The female calmed when it finally settled in that they were alone. She started by greeting the woman. "...Hello-"

"You're that servant from before."

(Y/n) looked down, picking at her fingernails as she quietly nodded.

Suddenly she felt a tight grip around her arm. Her neck snapped up and she saw how dangerously close this woman was, her eyes welled up with tears and her bottom lip quivering. Her mouth opened, and she spoke very softly the point of being almost incomprehensible. "You have to leave..."

The female's eyes narrowed in disbelief. "What?"

The woman in red brought both hands around either of (Y/n)'s arms and held her, feeling as if being rough was the only way to make her understand. "You have to go. Are you listening to me!? You have to leave! You're not safe!" The girl shouted this furiously and through clenched teeth, squeezing (Y/n) with desperation.

The frightened girl pulled away. Backing up as she prepared to run as far away as she could get from her, from everyone.

"I saw the way he looks at you. How could you be so blind!?..." The woman continued to speak nonsense as (Y/n) picked up speed. "It's not right!" Her back was now turned and she began a light jog back the way she came, the sound of the woman shouting growing fainter and fainter. The woman in red attempted to walk after her only to stop. "His mind is sick! You'll never be safe unless you get far away from him!..."

She could just hardly hear she last of what the girl said, and although she didn't particularly like the woman. There was some sense in her words.

When she finally reached the hall just outside the dining room she found it empty. Besides one powerful figure standing outside the closed dining room doors.

"Your majesty." The girl's voice came out breathlessly, and yet she still tried to bow in front of her king. When she was standing upright she could see the look of disdain he was giving.

He took a few steps towards her causing her to back away out of instinct to the authoritative body. She kept her head down as he finally said something fo her.

"I am not one to give attention to the help." Rolled his low and stringent tone. "But you have caused far too much trouble to be ignored."

(Y/n) didn't respond.

She heard his exhale and the vexation in his way of doing so. "...Do you have any idea of what you've done? The behavior you've brought upon my son is unacceptable. I could have you imprisoned for the inconvenience you've been and what you might've ruined tonight. Your entire kingdom, all of Harlem, should be ashamed of you." He put extra emphasis on the pronoun for the specific purpose of making the servant feel inferior. He paused for a long time and as he did (Y/n) felt completely and utterly empty for the first time...

"Get out of my sight. Get out of this castle. You could die in the elements for all I care, but I mean it when I say don't come back..." He walked past her, continuing his own way as if he didn't just crush every ounce of her spirit. Tears rolled down her cheeks and a loud cry came from her as she picked up the sides of her dress and ran.