Zamor

In a small kingdom at the edge of the country there is a castle. One overrun by weeds and flowers, with ivy vines climbing up every side of it. Its town quiet during the day and deathly silent durning the nights. Despite the kingdom being so close to being completely barren the sun seemed to shine brightly onto it, giving it an unearthly glow. Causing flora and fauna to overgrow and nearly engulf the buildings and paths they rested around.

The overseers of this particular kingdom were a family of three. With one person sticking out like a sore thumb.

Their eyes a caramel colored brown, dark colored skin that glinted beneath the rays of sun, and locks of dark almost black hair which always sat in a mess on top of their head. Their lean body always adorned in jewelery and loose fitting robes. Always found near a window which looked out from their home, always lost in a daydream or a world inside their own head. So easily able to incorporate anyone and everything they saw into a small fantasy of their very own. Wanting nothing more than to love and be loved in return, a young man who yearned for romance and all that came with it.

He was the kind of person who found refuge from his jaded life in art and fictional literature, most specifically the kind that centered around tales of love. Where man meets woman and they ensue in a torrid affair filled with only the most beautiful kind of intimacy. An intimacy that he longed to have one day.

And though he did enjoy those things, the type of love story that captivated him the most were the ones that his very own mind came up with.

"Prince Asha," A worker addressed him, pulling him out of his deep thoughts and causing him to turn from his place near the window.

"Your father requests your presence in the foyer. You have guests."

The young man's eyes widened. He felt himself grow enlivened, his posture straightening. After years of seeing nobody but his family, unable to leave the prison which was his own home, not knowing what was outside his own kingdom. Finally, the gods above him had sent him something wonderful! Something that would give him a sense of excitement in this drab life of his.

'Guests...' He thought happily, rushing out of his room and throughout the hallways until he found the stairs. 'It couldn't actually be...'

In all his years of living, the only people he knew outside his own kingdom were those he attended school with. But when his schooling days were abruptly ended a couple years back he spent the rest of the time after that in his home. Always having to converse with servants or his sister. Growing less and less happier as the days droned on. Days that seemed repetitive in nature, with nothing occurring to throw off his routine life that gradually became tortuous to play out.

He hurried, entering from the side hallway and finally reaching the foyer where he saw his father and younger sister standing a few feet away. When his head turned to the left he quickly stopped. So overcome and yet excited by the many faces he saw. But beyond the random faces he was halted by one. Seeing this single face caused his mind to conjure up a thousand scenarios in which it contained he and this one person alone.

In an instance, any imaginary tale containing an old crush or a person he found attractive were replaced by this new and unfamiliar person. A girl with such an effortless beauty about her. Her head tilted down slightly only making him wonder so much about her.

His eyes stayed fixated on her as he slowly came to stand beside his father. All the while, dreaming up what he thought she might be like.

Was she shy? Overcome by being here that she only wanted to hide from it all. Not wanting anybody to see her. But he saw her.

Was she sad? Had something happened to her before coming here that she just felt she didn't want to go on. So stricken with misery she felt couldn't be helped. But he could help her.