Nine - Octavia

"Pound it, Cactus" I said. We had driven away from the roommate's house so fast. He quickly pumped my fist as I pulled my mask off with the other hand.

"Team Cactopus" he said. I shook my head with a smile.

"No, Callum, no" he smiled back at me. Not our first successful robbery but a good one. We had been at our warehouse for a while now.

We were plotting our next move. "So, we have a few options. We could expand in other states or we could build on LA"

"Why don't we do both?" I suggested. A few head nods from the rest of the Rowland gang.

"How?" Callum asked.

"You go to a different state with a couple guys, I'd say two, then recruit some people, get a leader for each state. It'll take a while. Months for each. Maybe even a year each. But it'll be worth it. In the mean time, I'll build on the LA Rowland gang" I explained. He listened closely. Eventually he nodded too.

"Ok, I like that. You and you" he pointed to Jonas and Smith (so generic names it's crazy) "You'll come with me to San Diego" they nodded. "And, obviously, Octavia you'll be leader here" he smiled. I smiled back.

"Thank you, sir" I mocked.

"Shut up" he just made a laugh erupt from me. "Anyway, we all clear? We'll move out in two days"

"Clear!" everyone said.

**********

"OK, guys. We need some recruits. Due to the unfortunate..." I paused, "loss of two members, we need replacements. Look around at each other" they did. "Those are the requirements. Tough. Can handle a weapon. Young. Willing" they all nodded.

Callum had been gone for a month already. I hadn't spoke to any of those stupid roommates. Especially not since I robbed them. That was a lot of fun.

"Boss! We got an update on Jacqueline!" one of the gang members ran up to me.

"Really? Huh, I thought she'd gone off the radar for a little while"

"She did but we spotted her two days ago. She did the same thing yesterday. It's a pattern. Who should we send out to kill her?"

"I'll do it" I said. I was ready to get back into action.

"OK, boss. She goes to this bank every day. We need to..." he started to explain the plan but I knew it. I'd been doing this for years.

"Drug, drag, kill, drag. I know. Thank you" I interrupted. He nodded. I returned the nod as he walked away. A few more details given later, I was on my bike ready to go. My helmet was on, my guns were on me along with my knives, and I knew the location.

This would have to be well-executed especially since it's day time. I parked my bike out side of the bank, fastening the helmet to the handles. When I pulled a fag out of my pocket and lit it, a woman glared at me. I just smiled then stood in the alley. I finished the fag and walked down the street. I managed to climb a few buildings to drop into the alley where there were no cameras. No one was around when Jacqueline passed me. I shoved the drugged tissue in her face. So easy.

I tied her up in the back of the alley rather than killing her straight away, this was easier. When night fell, I put a bullet straight in her head. No regrets. There was no reason to regret it. After dumping her body, I ran up the ladder-like metal steps until I reached almost the roof and jumped across a few rooves before dropping down onto the ground.

I walked to the nearest fast food place to eat. By the time I had finished, it was a good hour away from when Jacqueline died. I climbed on my bike, pulling on the helmet then driving away to the warehouse.

"Good day out?" Jason asked. I nodded.

"Brilliant, thank you" I said. He seemed hesitant about something.

"Uh, boss, we haven't found any new recruits" he said wearily.

"Thats fine. Let me know when you have some people. No real rush. There's a lot of strong people in this gang" he nodded. "Now scurry" I smiled. He smiled back then did as I said.