Forty-Six - Colby

Octavia and I had decided to go to my parent's house for new years and part of my birthday. We were going for a week, from the 26th of December to the 2nd of January. Octavia was excited to meet my parents and Gage but I was dreading it. Especially when it comes to Gage, god knows what he'll do when we're asleep in the same bed.

We stood at the airport with our suitcases. Sam, Kat, Corey, Jake, Aaron, Devyn, Steph, and Jason stood before us. We each hugged them all; except I didn't hug the two gang members and Octavia only hugged Steph. Octavia had pulled Jason aside to talk gang so I stayed with my friends and Steph, who was sort of a friend. The two re-joined us. "You ready to go?" I asked. She nodded, smiling. 

"See you guys," she said. Sam held his camera high along with Corey. They started to wave bye like madmen. We both laughed as we walked onto the plane. A four-hour journey awaited us, which we were not excited for. 

**********

"Excuse me, passengers, could you please put on your seatbelts we are about to land," the intercom said. I looked at Octavia happily, she returned the smile I didn't know I had. 

"You're about to meet my family," I smirked. Her face changed dramatically; she looked worried now. "No need to worry," I backtracked.

"It is, though, realistically. This is your FAMILY we're talking about here," she said. I smiled.

"You'll be fine, just stick with me," I grabbed her hand. Her face relaxed visibly. 

"Already planning on it," she mumbled. 

We finally landed and walked out of the gate with our carry on bags - two rucksacks between us. After we had our luggage, we walked out of the small airport. Not many people were around so it was easy to find a cab and hop in. I told the driver my address then we were on our way. I had to hold Octavia's hand, not that I was complaining, to keep her calm and not nervous. The moment the cab stopped, Octavia shot up (she was leaning on my arm for more comfort) and started looking around. My typical, small street surrounded us. I never thought she'd be here with me. We got out of the car, collected our suitcases, then paid the driver. He drove away while I turned to my girlfriend. "Here goes," I said. She looked into my eyes.

"They're nice, right?"

"Of course they're nice," I chuckled.