Seventy-Seven - Octavia

Did she just call him dad?

Pretty much everyone was looking at Colby. "Dude! Did I hear that right?" Corey asked.

"I don't know if I heard that right..." Colby trailed off.

"That's so cute!" Kat squealed. "She sees you as her dad!"

"Awe," Emily mumbled. 

"Octavia?" Sam asked. I looked at him. "Has she said anything about that to you?"

"No. She refers to him as Colby normally," I replied. 

"I hope you don't mind me asking but who IS her dad?" Aaron asked. Emily choked on her food.

"Let's just say he's a dickhead who used me for sex, then he couldn't deal with the conse... blessing it brought," I didn't want to say consequence. Gracie was in no way a mistake. Unexpected, yes, but not unwanted. "I'm just gonna go and talk to her," I walked into the garden.

"Hey, mom!" Gracie exclaimed. She had just finished eating the pizza Colby had given her.

"Hey, Gracie. Can I ask you a question?" she nodded eagerly. "Why'd you call Colby dad?"

"Because I have not had a dad before but he is as nice as one and he cares for me as a dad would... I think," she explained. "And I love him like a dad," she said. That caught my attention.

"You love Colbs?"

"Yes," she smiled widely.

"Well that's something we have in common," she hugged my legs. "Don't you think you should ask him or me before you start calling him that, though?"

"No..." she frowned but the smile returned. "He is your b-boyfriend. That means he is my dad!"

"No, that's something different," Gracie shrugged. "Obviously though, none of us can stop you," I winked at her. She smiled wider. I didn't know that was possible. Her eyes locked behind me. I glanced back. You could see all the guys from out here. I sat on the grass. She followed suit. 

"Do you love them?"

"Who?"

"Them," she pointed at everyone.

"Yes, I do. They have done a lot for me in the last year and a bit. So much there's no way I can repay them," Gracie stared at my face.

"That was cute," she said.

"Why thank you," I spoke in an accent, making her giggle. 

"Mom?"

"Hm?" Gracie slapped my shoulder. Ow, my bruise.

"Tag!" she yelled. She ran away inside. I laughed before following her. I walked, though.

"Where's she going?" Emily asked.

"She decided we're playing tag," I shrugged. I noticed Gracie peeking around a corner. "Excuse me," I ran to where she was. She squealed as she ran. I tapped her shoulder. "Tag," I said. I ran as she ran after me. 

As I was running past the group to get outside, someone grabbed me by the waist. "Tag her!" Colby exclaimed. Gracie lightly hit my leg then ran away again. 

"That's cheating!" I complained. Colby sent me an evil smile. "Asshole," I joked. I saw Gracie out of the corner of my eye. She ran behind someone. I just about saw Corey smile. "Where'd she go?" I asked everyone else. They all shrugged.

"I think she went that way," Corey pointed the opposite direction to where I'd seen her.

"Really?" a small movement behind Corey made me cut my eyes. "What was that, then?"

"The rat," Devyn said. I smiled. This group is crazy.

**********

Gracie finally got worn out. She flopped down on the couch. I sat beside Colby. He wrapped an arm around me. I'd been out of the Hospital for just three days yet I already felt connected to everyone again. 

Everyone talked for a little longer before we all decided it was time to go. Colby and I went back to the soon-to-be-our apartment. I changed into Colby's hoodie (the orange Halloween one) and some black shorts. I rubbed off my makeup then brushed through my hair. Colby was watching the entire time, though he disguised it by changing himself and 'looking in the mirror'. 

When I stood up, he walked straight over with his arms ready to trap me. I let them. He dug his face in my neck and he pulled me so close our bodies were touching. Did I forget to mention he was shirtless? He kissed my neck a few times. I wasn't sure if the purpose was hello or night or 'fun' but I got my answer as he slowly guided me towards his bed. He fell backward onto it, pulling me with him...