Seventy - Colby

Two days can feel like a century when someone you love is missing. We still haven't found her. The Police are looking. The media are looking. Everyone knows. The amount of 'I'm sorry''s and 'I hope you find her soon''s I have been getting is insane. I basically hadn't slept. We'd begged the landlord to let us stay in the trap house for another month, just so we could wait for Octavia to return, though I hope she comes back before then. 

Basically no one had filmed or posted any videos in the next week. It was March: past when we were supposed to move out. We had until April now. Or until Octavia returned. I still hadn't slept really. Maybe a few hours? I had no way of finding her. None of us did. We were all scared... so scared.

She was important to me. The only comfort I had was Gracie. The moment Callum, Emily, Brandon, and Gracie found out what happened, they all returned to LA. Gracie had stayed at the house, sleeping in my bed for whatever reason - comfort I assumed. The little five-year-old had, as far as we all knew, lost her mother; I had lost my girlfriend; Emily and Callum had lost their sister; Brandon had lost his aunt; the roommates had lost their friend; the fans had lost our presence. Something we were all starting to lose, though, was our hope. Each of us grew more and more certain she was dead every hour that passed by. Callum was one day away from being completely sure. Emily and I were in denial. Gracie and Brandon were sad: mourning all the time. The roommates were trying to be reassuring - especially Sam.

After the first night I'd gotten any sleep at all, I woke up next to Gracie. She was still fast asleep. I got out of bed, going to the bathroom and changing. When I returned, Gracie was sitting up. "Colby?" she asked hopefully.

"Yeah?" I replied. I tried to smile, I really did.

"No mommy?" she asked. I just shook my head sadly. 

"No, Gracie, no mommy yet," I always said yet so that her hopes would stay, though mine was slipping away. "Why don't you get up? We'll go see Uncy Cal and Aunt Emily downstairs, yeah?" I asked her. She nodded sadly as she walked passed me.

**********

Police Missing Persons Report #721245

Miss Octavia Rowland went missing on February 16th. She was last seen at the Biltmore Hotel with a group of young men: Colby Brock, Sam Golbach, Corey Scherer, and Jake Webber. According to the statements given, the young males left the sleeping woman as they went downstairs to investigate a sound that they still have not identified the source of. Upon their return, they found miss Rowland was missing with no trace of exit. Hotel staff confirmed that there was no foul play committed by the males. The case is currently on-going as miss Rowland has not yet been found. Police resources are still looking for the young female.

**********

I read the updated police report every single day. It said basically the same thing every time - she's missing; she hasn't been found; they're still trying; they don't know what happened to her. I just wanted her back, to be honest. I was convinced that she was not dead yet. I was convinced she'd come home. I was convinced she'd be OK. I was convinced she wasn't going through anything bad. I was convinced she wouldn't be harmed in any way. I was convinced that this was all an elaborate prank.