One Hundred and Sixteen - Octavia

Baby Brock was kicking a lot the entire day. She'd been so active over the entirety of the last week. I touched the spot she was kicking with a smile on my face however that changed when my water broke. I felt a rush of excitement flow through me then slight panic. Thank god no one else is here. "Colby!" I called with a crack in my voice. He came in at a fast walk speed but nothing too worried.

When he saw my face, though, his expression twisted. "Is-"

"My water broke. Come on, we gotta get to the hospital." the first contraction came then. I fought off the scream that threatened my throat. Colby grabbed my hand and gently pulled me out as I continually breathed the way I'd been taught with Gracie. We got in his car and drove quickly to the hospital.

I was sent straight to a delivery room, as you'd expect, and was told I was keeping it together very well compared to some other mothers. When I told them I'm not a first-time mom, they stopped with comparing me. I was so glad Colby was here for this with me.

My jaw clenched with every contraction; I refused to scream in pain even though it felt like it was killing me. My breathing got quicker and quicker but the hand holding mine was a constant reminder of what this is all for. 

At some point during everything, my hearing started going in and out of focus. The last thing I heard was a faint cry until everything was black.

The world took a while to come back to me. The first thing was the sound of crying echoing in the room followed by the smell of cleanliness followed by my eyes seeing everything. My heartbeat was slowing down but my anger was rising at the sound of the repetitive cry. That is until I realized what t was. Everything came back in a second, my awareness making me sit up more.

"Where is she?" I asked Colby, who stood next to me still. I didn't have time to let him say anything because she was being handed to me. The little baby wrapped up in a pink blanket with closed eyes. Her skin was a little lighter than mine but darker than Colby's, a mixture. Her hair was brown, though, and I assumed her eyes would be, too. 

Nurses and doctors disappeared to give us some peace, knowing I'm not a first-time mother so I don't need to be guided on how to hold her. Colby was smiling but I could see the hesitation behind his eyes. I gently stroked the little baby's cheek while staring at her little face. She's cute. She's very cute. Maybe I'm biased, though. Maybe I see her as the most beautiful thing on earth because she's of my blood... I'm fine with that. Our baby's finally here.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. Name reveal next paaaart.