Ninety-Eight

I woke up to the sound of quiet talking. It sounded like Colby was on the phone as the other voice was a little static. Colby's arm was still around me.

"Nah, bro. We can't go back yet, man. We still have to talk to my parents about something... yeah, Sam, I know... she's asleep so I have to go. If I wake her up, I'm dead... ok, I'll see you later... bye, dude." Colby sighed then wrapped another arm around me, snuggling up to me.

"I won't kill you yet." I mumbled quietly. I felt him jump at the sound of my voice.

"I didn't know you were awake." he whispered to me. I hummed back. "Or... half awake. How's the baby?"

"What do you mean?"

"Is he/she making you feel sick or anything?" I mentally face-palmed.

"No, I'm fine right now. We have to tell your parents about him/her today, though."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. We either have to do it today or tomorrow because we're leaving tomorrow."

"Today's fine."

"Why does Sam want to go home early?"

"Because he forgot his laptop at home and the Sam and Colby video's on it so we can't upload until we're back in LA."

"Silly Sam."

"Mhm."

Later on, my nerves were getting the better of me again. I was stressing out alone in Colby's room as he was at Sam's parents' house for some of the day. I pulled on my hair anxiously when my mom walked into the room.

"Honey, are you ok?" she asked me. She sat down, rubbing my back.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just nervous."

"What about?" my mom gently brushed hair behind my ear.

"The ring on my finger, I guess."

"Awe, don't freak out about it. You're going to a wonderful wife and mother when it gets to that." I failed to hide my smile at her words. She gasped. Shit. "Are you..." her hand touched my stomach before I could stop it. "Octavia!" I flinched.

"Sit down, mom. Let me explain." I whisper-yelled.

"Does Colby know?"

"Yes."

"How far along?"

"Eleven weeks."

"Planned?"

"No."

"Happy?"

"Definitely." I smiled widely. My mom sighed to calm herself down.

"Can I see you bump?" I stood and lifted my hoodie ever so slightly. "Gracie is going to be so happy."

"I'm hoping so."

"Of course she will, honey. Hell, I'm very happy and it's not my sibling in there." I pulled my mom into a hug of joy. She melted away my nerves just by saying she's happy about it. "I'm going to help you out while you're pregnant and then I'll do my best to help with the baby, ok?" at that moment, Colby walked through the door. "Colby!" my mom hugged him.

"She figured it out." I told him to change his confused face.

"Congratulations, Colby. I'm happy for the two of you, I really am. Wow! Engaged and Expecting."

"That sounds like a Youtube video." Colby smirked. I shook my head with a smile and sat back down. "Thank you, Mrs. Rowland."

"Melissa." my mother corrected.

"Right, I apologize."

"As I was just saying, I'll help out with the pregnancy and the first month or so but only if you need and or want it, ok? You can send me away at any time. Do your parents know?"

"No."

"I'm assuming I'm the only one?"

"Until in about five minutes, yes."

"Ooo! Let's go!" my mom ran quickly out of the room. I laughed at her as Colby walked over to me. He helped me to stand up and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"She's excited." he stated. I giggled with a nod. "Let's hope my parents are the same." he kissed me for just a few seconds.

"Octavia, are you alright? Your mom seems very surprised." Mrs. Brock said when we reached the living room.

"Mom, is Gage here?" Colby asked.

"No, do you want me t-" Colby shook his head. "What's going on?"

"Oc-"

"I'm pregnant." I cut him off. Mr. and Mrs. Brock's jaws dropped open.

"Congratulations! Oh my!" we both got hugs. "May I feel your baby bump?" I giggled and nodded. Mrs. Brock gently placed her hands on my stomach. "Wow!" I got another hug; one that made me stagger back in surprise.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Mr. Brock said. I smiled at him as his wife let go of me.

"When are you planning to have your wedding?" Mrs. Brock asked.

"November."

"How far along will you be?"

"About six months, twenty-four weeks."

"Well, when we come to LA for the wedding, we'll stick around until a little after you've given birth, honey."

"That's so nice of you."

"It's our jobs as grandparents."