Forty-Two - Colby

I couldn't let Sam die. I'd never be able to live with myself. Not if I had the chance to save him. So I took the chance. I heard and felt nothing instantly. 

I woke up slowly, not feeling anything for a minute or so. When I could see, I realised I was in my room. No one was with me, though. I felt a little disappointed that Octavia wasn't here. I sat up. The top left area of my chest felt strange. I looked to see a bandage over it. Oh, the bullet. I got out of bed, mostly stable. I managed to make my way into the kitchen. No one was around. A few minutes later, the front door opened and what sounded like a herd of elephants entered the house. I stood at the corner of the kitchen to see all the roommates walking in. No one seemed to notice me at first. Then Octavia saw me.

"Colby!" she exclaimed happily. She ran to me, hugging me tightly. It made my wound hurt a little but I ignored it and hugged her back. "Hey," she whispered.

"Hi," I whispered back. I knew for a fact we were both smiling.

"Hey, Colbs," Sam said. "You saved me, bro, I can't even repay you for that."

"You don't need to. You think I was gonna let you die?" I asked in disbelief.

"I just didn't expect that, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks,"

"Alright, I know it's sentimental for you two but please shut it, Sam," Corey said with a smile. I looked down at Octavia, who was just pulling away from me. We caught each other's eye. 

"I'm glad you're OK," she winked. 

"Me too, couldn't go out without doing this," I pulled her face to mine in a kiss. She immediately kissed me back.

Cough, "get a room," cough. I smiled as I pulled away from her. Not really wanting to, though. Jake was smiling, telling me he said it. "Sorry I got something my throat," he explained.

"Sure you did, your boyfriend's dick," Octavia shot at him as she turned around. 

"OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH," everyone screamed. 

"Burn!" Aaron yelled. Corey looked as though he was in shock and Devyn was just laughing along with Sam. 

"Nice," I mumbled to Octavia. I saw her smile at me. "About getting a room, want to?" I whispered into her ear.

"Hm, maybe," I could hear her smirk.

"What we talking about over there, hmmmmmm?" Sam asked.

"Nothing," Octavia answered quickly. 

"Suuuuuure," Corey said. 

"We're all just going to not at all suspiciously go into this room," Jake said. They  actually did all walk away except for Octavia. 

"Let's go get that room," she whispered as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the stairs. She managed to run up them, pulling me along with her. 

"BE QUIET!" Corey yelled. Octavia purposely giggled loudly. We slammed shut and locked my bedroom door...