XV

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟜
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"drowning in sadness and regret"

NARCISSA BEAMED WITH EUPHORIA as she collected her interior design magazines from the library shelf

NARCISSA BEAMED WITH EUPHORIA as she collected her interior design magazines from the library shelf. A mother who'd grieved for the best part of a decade finally felt content with her life once more.

Her little, Rosalie was coming home and everything had to be absolutely perfect. She descended the staircase, gliding across the marble floors towards the sitting room fireplace.

Now she just had to wait again. . .

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟜
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"it's too much to take in"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟜━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"it's too much to take in"

ROSALIE FELT HER EYES close as regret immediately filled her mind. Was it a mistake? She watched as her parents vanished from sight as she disappeared into a ball of emerald flames.

Her backpack firm against her back while Dakota lay asleep in her arms tightly as though afraid someone would suddenly take her away.

Malfoy Manor.

Home. . . supposedly.

Feeling as though her heart was about to leap out of her chest, Rosalie glanced around the room. The hallway was large, dimly lit, and sumptuously decorated, with a magnificent carpet covering most of the marble floor.

The eyes of the pale-faced portraits on the walls followed Rosalie as she stepped out of the fireplace nervously. Nothing felt the same as when she'd visited a week prior. Almost everything had changed since then.

Rosalie locked eyes with her mother, Narcissa's. "I'm so glad you came," She smiled brightly, awkwardly fidgeting with her hands; clearly tempted to embrace her daughter.