XXXII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕤𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"don't let the colour of your robes define you"

McGonagall's heels clicked along the stone hallways of the castle as she headed towards her classroom with a clearly distracted and confused Rosalie

The woman turned to see the young blonde by her side, staring down at the sleeves of her jumper as they became embroidered with silver and green of Slytherin House.

The blonde moved to gaze up at her professor, "Already?" She whispered as the walked into the Transfiguration classroom Rosalie had become accustomed to last year during her stay.

The professor only sent her a regretful smile as the young girl's school tie now also reflected the green and silver of Slytherin.

The classroom hadn't changed since Rosalie last saw it last year during her stay. The room was still just as big, surrounded by high windows, four rows of three desks, with several cages and bookshelves, two chalkboards, and McGonagall's desk.

She'd become quite close with the Professor last year and was glad to have her support, now that she needed it more than ever. Rosalie simply followed the woman towards the desk at the front, gladly taking the seat McGonagall had offered her.

"How are you, my dear?" The older woman questioned, knowing that she too was surprised where the Sorting Hat had placed her, yet what worried her more was the rumours she'd heard Potter had supposedly spread.

"I think we both know the answer to that," Rosalie replied shaking her head, fiddling with the sleeves of her newly embroidered jumper.

"I just thought I would be in Gryffindor. . . I'm not upset that I'm in Slytherin at all - I just think I'd placed this expectation on myself to be in Gryffindor." She said sadly and the look in the Professor McGonagall's eyes said that she'd thought so too.

McGonagall gave a small sigh, nodding her agreement. "Well, you did have a Hatstall. . . it was on your head for almost six and a half minutes. I've never seen it on a student so long!" She explained, the young girl sitting in the chair opposite her only stared in bewilderment.

"A Hatstall?" Rosalie repeated, unsure of what that meant.

The dark-haired professor gave another nod. "A Hatstall is where sorting took more than five minutes because the Sorting Hat found the student, in this case you, to have a personality equally suited to different Hogwarts Houses; Slytherin and Gryffindor," McGonagall explained, though this still didn't seem to provide much consolation to the young girl.