XXXIX

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕠𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"this was just some stupid trick,
to get back at me"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕠𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"this was just some stupid trick, to get back at me"

Harry had been looking forward to the weekend trip into Hogsmeade, but there was one thing worrying him.

Sirius had maintained a stony silence since he had appeared in the fire at the beginning of September; Harry knew they had made him angry by saying that they did not want him to come and it was only heightened by his actions towards Rosalie since the start of school.

But he still worried from time to time that Sirius might throw caution to the winds and turn up anyway . . . even if it was to visit Rosalie and not him.

What were they going to do if the great black dog came bounding up the street toward them in Hogsmeade, perhaps under the nose of Draco Malfoy?

He couldn't be trusted. . . and he worried that Rosalie had simply been playing them since she arrived this term.

He she told her brother about Sirius? Was that why the Daily Prophet was able to pinpoint his location? Had Rosalie actually changed and he was the only one who noticed it? Was everyone else's mind clouded by her perfect smile and ocean eyes?

When Harry continued to look worried, Hermione said, "Listen, Ron and I have been sounding out people who we thought might want to learn some proper Defense Against the Dark Arts, and there are a couple who seem interested. We've told them to meet us in Hogsmeade."

"Right," said Harry vaguely, his mind now attempting to focus on the people he was meeting.

"Don't worry, Harry," Hermione said quietly. "You've got enough on your plate at the moment without Sirius too."

She was quite right, of course; he was barely keeping up with his homework, though he was doing much better now that he was no longer spending every evening in detention with Umbridge.

Ron, on the other hand was surprisingly way ahead with his work, as he'd been working with Rosalie once a week in order to stay on top of things due to his Prefect duties.

What still baffled both Ron and Harry was that both Rosalie and Hermione, were taking more subjects than nearly any student at Hogwarts, had not only finished all their homework, along with their Prefect duties but was also able to find time to help other students with their work, have time to knit more elf clothes and attend dance classes.

The morning of the Hogsmeade visit dawned bright but windy. They walked down the main street past Zonko's Joke Shop, where they were unsurprised to see Fred, George and Lee Jordan, but surprised to see Rosalie standing with them.