XX

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕛𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"come on harry,
you need to concentrate"

RON AND HERMIONE WERE supposed to be studying for their exams, which would finish on the day of the third task, but they were putting most of their efforts into helping Harry prepare

"Don't worry about it," Hermione said shortly when Harry pointed this out to them and said he didn't mind practising on his own for a while, "at least we'll get top marks in Defense Against the Dark Arts. We'd never have found out about all these hexes in class."

"Good training for when we're all Aurors," Ron said excitedly, attempting the Impediment Curse on a wasp that had buzzed into the room and making it stop dead in midair.

The mood in the castle as they neared June became excited and tense again. Everyone was looking forward to the third task, which would take place a week before the end of term. Harry was practising hexes at every available moment. He felt more confident about this task than either of the others.

Difficult and dangerous though it would undoubtedly be, Moody was right: Harry had managed to find his way past monstrous creatures and enchanted barriers before now, and this time he had some notice, some chance to prepare himself for what lay ahead.

Tired of walking in on Harry, Hermione, and Ron all over the school, Professor McGonagall had given them permission to use the empty Transfiguration classroom at lunchtimes.

"Come and look at this," Ron remarked as he stood by the window. Staring down onto the grounds, pointing towards Draco. "What's Malfoy doing?" He questioned curiously.

Harry and Hermione went to see. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were standing in the shadow of a tree below. Crabbe and Goyle seemed to be keeping a lookout; both were smirking. Malfoy was holding his hand up to his mouth and speaking into it.

"He looks like he's using a walkie-talkie," Harry said confused.

"He can't be," said Hermione, "I've told you, those sorts of things don't work around Hogwarts. Come on, Harry," she added briskly, turning away from the window and moving back into the middle of the room, "let's try that Shield Charm again."

Harry nodded before taking one final glance when he noticed the golden locks he'd become ever familiar with in the distance. He glanced down at Draco who too noticed her walking towards the castle with Hayden close behind her.

Malfoy held his hand up to his mouth once more and speaking into it before heading in their direction. Harry stared with confusion at the scene before Hermione ushered him back to practice.