XXIV

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕛𝕦𝕝𝕪 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"you and draco are my world,
there's nothing i wouldn't do"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕛𝕦𝕝𝕪 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"you and draco are my world,there's nothing i wouldn't do"

ROSALIE TURNED RIGHT, into a wide driveway that led off the lane. The summer night was unusually cold and dark and she silently wished she'd refused Sirius' offer to apparate to her front gate and just flooed home instead; straight into the warmth and comfort of her home.

Yet, he'd been making a real effort with her recently, especially since he'd grown closer with her Aunt Margaret.

Sirius had always supported her from the moment she met him last Christmas lunch at the Weasley's and she was glad he was getting on with her aunt so well. She definitely deserved it after all she'd been through. . .

The high hedge curved with her, running off into the distance beyond the pair of impressive wrought-iron gates barring her way. The source of the noise she'd heard upon arrival proved to be nothing more than a pure-white peacock, sturring majestically along the top of the hedge.

Rosalie stared at it with confusion, she hadn't seen it around the gardens before or maybe she was just not paying enough attention on her walks. She did have a lot on her mind at the moment. The young girl proceeded through the gate, desperately wanting to rid herself from the chilly summer breeze.

The handsome and grand manor house that Rosalie had become accustomed to seeing daily grew out of the darkness at the end of the straight drive, lights glinting in the diamond-paned downstairs windows.

She could see the faint orange light glimmering against the windows pains in the parlour. She knew her mother would be waiting for her to arrive home and that filled Rosalie with a certain sense of comfort.

She'd slowly grown closer to her mother over the last month of holidays. She seemed more natural and motherly than the initial period of getting over the fact that her daughter wasn't missing or dead.

But despite that, Rosalie had really been enjoying the time she was spending with her mother, particularly the other day when they had made a fresh batch of cookies together; magic free (well apart from the cleaning).

Rosalie continued along the path towards the manor, somewhere in the dark garden beyond the hedge, the front fountain was playing. The soft sounds of water somewhat relaxing in this unusually cold summer night.

Rosalie had the large black double doors insight, quickening her pace to reach the manor and finally unwind for the night.

The hallway was large, dimly lit, and sumptuously decorated, with a magnificent carpet covering most of the stone floor.