XVIII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟜
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"just promise to keep me hidden"

THE WINTER SUN had completed its journey for the day and had now been replaced by infinite stars which dotted the inky atmosphere

A low, fading jewel moon hovered tenuously in the twilight atmosphere, bestowing a very dim light upon the beautiful snowy night; the swaying of trees and murmuring of soft music could be heard but not seen as the encompassing blackness had absorbed out all but the dimmest light.

The annual ball for the elite and esteemed pureblood families and members of a society was a tradition carried on for generations.

It was the most secluded event of the year, with invites passed down from one generation to the next or on the rare occasion someone new.

When Narcissa wasn't dancing with her husband, Lucius Malfoy, she was either perched on her plush thrown, gossiping as she sipped her Champagne or watching her two darling children with a calculated gaze.

Narcissa felt such pride and dignity, seeing her handsome Draco in his slick black suit, and bow tie, and her newly found daughter radiating beauty as they stood together chatting away.

Narcissa's returned her gaze to her pure-blooded frenemies as she took another modest sip of her Champagne.

She laughed lightly at a cruel rumour Priscilla Parkinson was spreading amongst the vulturous women, slightly distracted from the huntress gaze she had locked on her children prior.

Nothing could happen tonight. . .

The men, on the other hand, looked forward to discussing who was making the most money, which usually resulted in drunken men gambling it away.

Lucius Malfoy grasped his fire whiskey tightly as he gambled another hundred galleons, a satisfied smirk plastered across his face, he knew he'd won.

Rosalie gazed around the ballroom, it glistened like an ice palace; hundreds of giant icicles lined the ceiling, whilst others trimmed the sides of the room. It was twice the size of the Great Hall, it's sheer enormity breathtaking. 

The walls of the ballroom had all been covered with a sparkly silver frost, with hundreds of garlands of crystal snowflakes crossing the starry black ceiling. The snow-white dance floor enclosed by the tables many families had already occupied surrounding it, while the rest milling around the dance floor and lounge areas.