𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, ₁₉₉₆

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕛𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟞
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"neville, you don't have to tell them till you're ready"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕛𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟞━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"neville, you don't have to tell them till you're ready"

Rosie, I hope that you are well.

I wanted to apologise for missing our Christmas gathering, especially when it's been months since we last saw each other. I promise we'll catch up soon. I've missed you immensely.

All the best for the remaining school term. Hope both of your families are well.

Hayden.

Rosalie closed the letter, sliding it into the cover of the book she was carrying. She too had missed her friend greatly. It had been far too long since they last saw each other. But alas it seemed like fate or maybe more accurately their schedules had other ideas. . .

The blonde clutched her stomach tightly, wincing in pain as it churned. It was the third day she'd felt like this. She inhaled deeply with attempts to ease the pain. With each step, her stomach tightened and ached all the more.

She kept swallowing, and her throat kept clenching, but no matter what she could not stop the warm feeling rising through her chest. Then she could taste it at the back of her mouth. Rosalie bit her lip. She wouldn't give in to that horrible feeling just yet.

With a small sigh, she entered the Great Hall for breakfast (not that she felt in any way up to it), where she'd agreed to meet Hermione that morning, which also included Harry. But before she could even think about turning around, Hermione had already started walking towards her friend.

"Rosie, Hi." She said embracing her the blonde tightly, causing her to wince inaudiably due to the pressure against her stomach.

"Mione," Rosalie replied, pulling out of her friends embrace, hiding her pained expression. "Ron, Harry," She remarked quietly, taking a seat beside Hermione. "Nice to see you. Hope you had a lovely Christmas." She spoke softly, placing her book onto the wooden table.

Ron looked up from his breakfast to grin at Rosalie. "Thanks, Rosie, though it wasn't the same without you this year." He remarked kindly but not so subtly nudging Harry simultaneously.

"Yeah, hope you had a nice Christmas too." Harry finally spoke, looking up at her for the first time since their kiss. "Ron's right though, it wasn't the same this year."

She could hear the genuineness in his voice and it made her heart warm. Just maybe they'd be all right. It wasn't the apology she'd so desperately wanted to hear but it also wasn't an arrogant or spiteful comment.