XLIII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"it's my favourite time of year again"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"it's my favourite time of year again"

Bonjour Maman,

I can't believe the Christmas break is almost here! This term has gone so fast, I can't believe that it's Christmas time already (my favourite time of the year!).

I'm terribly excited to return home and spend the break with the family. Margaret informed me that she would be coming over for the week Christmas festivities this year too!

I've only got one week left of school but it seems to be dragging on forever!! Unlike the rest of the term apparently. Hermione, Ron and I have been assisting with the Christmas decorations for the castle and they look positively beautiful! Hogwarts looks like a Christmas card this time of year (I know you'd love it!).

Anyhow, I miss you immensely and I can't wait for the Christmas break as it means I can spend time with you and Papa! I hope that everything is going well and that Beauxbatons is treating you nicely.

I'll see you at King's Cross Station in a weeks time!

Amour, ta fille,
Rosie x

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐

└───── ・☆☽・ ─────┘

└───── ・☆☽・ ─────┘

December arrived, bringing with it more snow and a positive avalanche of homework for the fifth years. Rosalie's Prefect duties also became more and more onerous as Christmas approached, although she was able to complete with Hermione and occasionally Ron by her side.

They were called upon to supervise the decoration of the castle ("You try putting up tinsel when Peeves has got the other end and is trying to strangle you with it," said Ron), to watch over first and second years spending their break times inside because of the bitter cold.