XVII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟜
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"just keep me away from the stove"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟜━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"just keep me away from the stove"

POLAR-WHITE SNOW COVERED her balcony floor and the elaborate gardens surrounding it. The trees, covered in a thick blanket of white peeked out under their new white caps, whilst the frost-laced windows made the scene look like an unfinished painting.

Screeching winds occasionally rose up and when they died, a peaceful silence placed the petite blonde at ease. The early morning light struggled through the shadowing darkness of the night, but even in its weakness it was enough to blind.

Rosalie stifled a small yawn, stretching her arms out as she lifted her body from her cocoon of warmth. Her cub snuggled tightly in the crevasses of her body unquestionably yearning the warmth Scout and Patch normally provided.

Yawning again, she slid out from underneath the covers wandering towards her bathroom for a shower. The warm droplets formed steam as she stood there without moving at all. Her skin was burning from the mellow droplets as she recollected the moments and memories of her time with the Hayes.

Her family.

Her everything.

Brushing those stray thoughts aside, the blonde quickly dressed in her white skinny jeans, baby blue v-neck knitted jumper and her silver ballet flats. Rosalie opened her door hesitantly, not wanting to wake her family due to the early hour. Yet, the petite blonde inhaled sharply, her hand flying towards her chest as her brother opened his door as she crept past.

Draco raised an eyebrow at his sister, who was seemingly catching her breath. "Couldn't sleep any longer?" He questioned, throwing on his dark green quidditch jumper.

Rosalie shook her head, fidgeting with her sleeves nonchalantly, "No." She replied, finally steadying her breathing again.

Draco simply broke out into a grin. "That's okay, neither could I," He replied, wrapping an arm around her shoulder to guide her to the stairs and down the dark and wintry lit hallway towards the kitchen.

Rosalie gasped in awe at the grand gourmet . Malfoy Manor was impressive and sumptuous and the kitchen was no exception. The enormous room had great elegant black cabinetry with grey detailing and handles. In the centre an island bench with grey tiled flooring and matching marble countertops. Rosalie's eyes raced in every direction, the kitchen was polished with the highest quality magical and finishes. It was truly breathtaking in its enormity.

"This is huge!" Rosalie breathed in awe, trailing her fingers along the marble countertop as Draco simply smiled.

"The House Elves don't start till 6:30 am. . . but I think we could fend for ourselves?" Draco suggested, hoping that he'd be able to spend more time with his sister without any interruptions.