Chapter 2: Lucian Briar and the Healing magic

Lucian Briar below - picture edited by @Naju_Silver (Thank you so much❤️)

I remember reading about the lightning attribute from the text message from God, and that it was on level 20, but I needed it to be on level 35 to charge my phone

I remember reading about the lightning attribute from the text message from God, and that it was on level 20, but I needed it to be on level 35 to charge my phone. I decided that since there was nothing else to do right now, I would try and hone this skill so that I could charge my phone.

I walked for a few meters and found a clearing in the forest which I thought would be perfect for practising lightning magic. I had watched a ton of anime and I had distinctly remembered all the main characters concentrating in order to access their powers, they would usually also call something out. I decided to give this a try.

I breathed in deeply and let it out and raised my right hand in front of me. I was not sure if I was imagining it, but it was as if I could feel the powers welling up inside of me.

I kept on repeating the word 'lightning' slowly and surely. I could feel it flow from my heart and then out through my fingertips. I gasped when a saw the distinct sparks of white light shooting between my fingertips and the slight crackling and buzzing sound it made. A huge smile engulfed my face. This was amazing. This was magic, real magic the kind I had always dreamed of and read about, now I had it.

Suddenly I heard the ping sound of a notification popping up on my phone. I checked the screen and it read 'lighting magic activated release a great amount of lighting magic to reach a higher level.'

I grinned. The thought of releasing a great amount of magic excited me a lot. I decided to just give it a try.
I placed my phone on the ground and raised both my hands and aimed straight ahead. Again I breathed deeply and concentrated, but this time I was not thinking about small sparks, I was thinking about huge lightning bolts, I was thinking about the sheer power of it, the amazing destructive force of it. I felt the huge pool of power within me, I took hold of it with my mind, let it boil and bubble to the point where the power was literally overwhelming and buzzing to be let out. Then I released it.

The result was horrifying. I was expecting a single bolt, but what came out of me was a humongous shot of electrical energy. In an instant it barreled through the trees and severed many of them in half. The lighting scorched the earth it travelled over leaving nothing but black soot in its wake. I gasped at what I had done. What was once a beautiful forest scene, now had a gaping scorched hole in it. A literal ring of black scorch marks and burnt trees marred the scenery.

Ping

I picked up my phone from the ground and read the notification: ' lighting Magic Lv 35 reached, and new skill 'magic affinity' gained.'

Well, that was easy. I thought as I realized that I had already reached my goal. I looked around dumbly not quite knowing what to do. I could either stay in this clearing and practice magic, or I could try and find a town or a village to sleep the night in and get acquainted with all the customs of this place. I decided on the second one. I was not really the camping type anyways and I was getting king dog peckish.